Sterling unveils new 360
- COMFORT ZONE. Phillips, Dave // Land Rover Monthly;Sep2014, Issue 194, p190
The article offers tips on how to maintain an L322 Range Rover vehicle. Topics covered include the vehicle's BMW components and looms, the need to replace brake discs and pads at 30,000-mile intervals, and the bangs and clunks usually caused by the vehicle's worn bushes. Also mentioned are ways...
- MB 6-speed for Sterling. // Fleet Owner;Jun2002, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p56
Provides information on the manual transmission drive installed in Acterra Class 5-8 trucks by Sterling. Features and functions of the transmission ; Capacity of the MBT660 truck engine.
- 5 reasons. MORGAN, JASON // Fleet Equipment;Jul2015, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses role played by application in equipment selection for truck fleets and potential implications of improper specifications for wheel ends and wheels. Topics include Mark Wagner, vice president at components company Consolidated Metco Inc., on the need to choose right drum or...
- Eaton has Authorized Rebuilder program. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2013, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p10
The article offers details on the Eaton Authorized Rebuilder program which allows Power Train in Indianapolis, Indiana, TransAxle in Cinnaminson, New Jersey, and Valley Truck Parts, Grand Rapids, Michigan to rebuild and sell a differentiated choice for Eaton's heavy-duty transmission products.
- One Tough Tranny. RIDDLE, TRENT // Diesel World;Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p138
The article focuses on the upgraded new Ford 4R100 automatic transmission for the Ford F-250 and F-350 trucks.
- SHORT HAULS. // Overdrive;Jul2001, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p72
Focuses on developments related to trucking in the United States, current as of July 2001. Sterling's plan to offer Eaton-Fuller automatic 6-speed transmission as an option on the Acterra line of Class 5-8 vehicles; Ryder System's establishment of a used vehicle sales center in Davie, Florida.
- Sterling Truck Corporation Announces Enhancements to Medium-Duty Acterra. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p10
Reports on improvements to Sterling Truck Corp.'s medium-duty Acterra truck line in the United States. Mercedes-Benz automated gear shift transmission; Eaton Fuller UltraShit 6-speed transmission; Factory installed all-wheel drive; Improved turning radius due to developments in chassis.
- Sterling enhances Acterra, adds engines. // Modern Bulk Transporter;May2004, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p48
Reports that Sterling Truck Corp. has announced enhancements to the Acterra model and additional engines. Announcements during the 2004 Mid-America Trucking Show; Availability of the Mercedes Benz automated gear shift; Optional factory-installed all-wheel drive.
- Setting the standard. Sheer, Craig // Motor Transport;4/20/2006, p29
The article evaluates the Mercedes-Benz Axor tractor equipped with selective catalytic reduction technology and offers information on its engine capability, fuel consumption and gearboxes.