Big year for Ford changes
- NEW ZEALAND: Commercial vehicle sales boom in August. Roberts, Graeme // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);9/14/2014, p14
The article reports that commercial vehicle sales in New Zealand increased in August 2014. Topics mentioned include the number of vehicle units to be sold for the full year of 2014 according to the Motor Industry Association, an increase in sales of new passenger and commercial vehicles by 8...
- Ford's other truck gamble. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;3/3/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6610, p4
The article presents the other trucks Ford is offering in addition to the 2015 aluminum F-150 pickup. It cites the arrival of the 2014 Transit Connect Van and Wagon in dealerships and the full-sized 2015 Transit commercial van that goes on sale in the summer. It notes that Ford is replacing the...
- 2008 Ford Super Duty. // Arbor Age;Dec2006, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p31
The article evaluates the Ford F-Series Super Duty trucks including the F-450 pickup, the F-350 Super Duty and the 2008 F-450 pickup.
- When the industry gets tough, the tough get industrious. Echlin, Lew // Fleet Owner;2004 Supp Future of Trucking, pS9
The article reports that during 2004 Ford Motor Co's Commercial Trucks have completed its 26th consecutive year as the market leader in vans with Ford E-Series, the 27th year as the market leader in pickups and chassis cabs with Ford F-Series, and have successfully created the fastest growing...
- Ford pumps up limited editions. Cantwell, Julie // Automotive News;10/16/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5899, p20
Announces Ford Motor Co.'s launch of limited editions of the F Series and other models to breathe life into their brand images. Limited editions' requirement of extra tooling, supplier work and design; Jaguar XKR Silverstone coupe and convertible; Super Duty F-650 Super CrewZer; F-150 King...
- Hotbits. // Motor;Mar2002, p13
Reports developments related to the automobile industry as of March 2002. Dominance of F-series pickups from Ford Motor Co. as the best selling truck in America; Update of six-speed Lexus IS300 by Lexus Australia; Popularity of 4WD ML55 Mercedes-AMG models.
- Mission: Refinement. Mayne, Eric; Zoia, David E. // Ward's Auto World;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the hydroformed frame used by Ford Motor Co. for the 2004 F-150 pickup truck. Significance of the pickup model to Ford; Architecture of the frame; Background on hydroforming.
- Ford gives power boost to 2011 trucks. // Bluegrass Automotive Report;Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the move of Ford Motor Co. to improve the power of the 2011 heavy-duty pickups' diesel engine.
- Ford Super-Duty gets 6L power. // Fleet Owner;Sep2002, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p33
Introduces an engine for pickup trucks manufactured by the U.S.-based vehicle manufacturer, Ford Motors Corp. Features; Specifications; Performance.