ACOFAS two-day training clinic helps set attendees straight
- Conning Finds Gap in Training In Insurer Claims Departments. // Best's Review;Sep2001, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p102
Focuses on the training problems of claim adjusters in the insurer claims departments. Impact of problems on the insurance industry; Errors committed by the insurance adjusters; Scarcity of claim leaders.
- Group touts service trainers. // Automotive News;4/3/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5598, p24
Reports that Coalition for Safer, Cleaner Vehicles has formed the Council of Advanced Automotive Trainers which aims to promote advanced technician training to the repair industry.
- Rotary Lift offers safety tips. // Tire Business;10/26/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p0009
The article discusses the safety tips for lift buyers and operators compiled by Vehicle Service Group's (VSG) Rotary Lift brand, an automotive lift manufacturer. Some of the tips mentioned include taking the Automotive Lift Institute's (ALI) online "Lifting It Right" course, training every...
- Safety Compliance for Fire, Water and Other Restoration Situations. Bishop, Jeff // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;May2007, p52
The article offers advice for professional restoration technicians on promoting safety on the job site. The basic safety equipment required at each job site are cited including fire extinguisher and basic first aid kit. It says that safety in all aspects of cleaning restoration work should be...
- Technician safety: Learn from the mistakes of others. Schaub, John C. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/07/99, Vol. 207 Issue 6, p1
Presents work-related accidents experienced by service technicians due to lack of concern for safety in the United States. Includes explosion of compressor heads of an ammonia system; Explosion of electrical panel at a computer center; Accident involving check valve cylinder; Lessons incurred...
- The New Automotive Service Technician---This is Not Your Father's Mechanic. Reese, Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on the career and technical programs for automobile service technicians and mechanics in the U.S. On-the-job training with experienced professionals; Employment opportunities in motor vehicle dealership; Pay rate of automobile service technicians.
- Training clinic. // Automotive Marketing;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p48
Presents information about various automobile training clinic in the United States. Medium/Heavy Duty Technician Test Series of National Institute for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE); Engine management installation center (EMIC) training program for Mr. Gasket performance group's...
- Companies donate equipment to N.C. vocational school. // Textile World;Jan94, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the donation of equipment to the North Carolina Center for Applied Textile Technology in Belmont for its technician training and curriculum program. Donor companies.
- Creating the Technician of the Future with e-Learning and other platforms. Moran, John V. // 33 Metalproducing;Nov2000, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p37
Focuses on the importance of electronic-training programs for industrial technicians in North America. Factors attributing to labor shortage for technicians and operators; Effectiveness of electronic-learning programs; Presentation of a maintenance technician curriculum on Hydraulics.