Scholastic Education Q2 Revenue Falls 2.1% in Soft Market
- Scholastic Earnings Flat in Fiscal 2004. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the decline in the corporate profit posted by Scholastic Inc. in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2004. Increase in the sales of the company; Earnings estimate of the company; Factors that affected the performance of the company.
- Scholastic Q3 Revenue Up, So Is Outlook for Future of Fair Business. // Educational Marketer;4/16/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of New York-based-Scholastic for fiscal 2007. As reported, the management of Scholastic expects increased sales in core clubs and improved efficiencies for strong business. It is noted that the sales of the company increased by 1.5 percent to...
- Scholastic Education Fiscal 2006 Revenue Increases 3%; Profits Decline 11%. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that the New York division of Scholastic Education has posted a three percent gain in revenue but saw profits fall 11 percent in fiscal 2006. Revenue growth was driven principally by strong sales in technology: specifically the company's reading intervention product for...
- Scholastic Generates Modest Gains in Ed Publishing in First Half of FY 2008. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the modest increase in the revenue of the educational publishing segment of New York-based publishing company Scholastic Inc. for 2008. It notes that the division which focuses on intervention materials centered on the reorganization of its sales force and educational...
- Scholastic First-Quarter Revenue Down. // Electronic Education Report;10/6/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
The article offers information on the revenue of Scholastic Inc. in the first quarter of fiscal 2009. It states that the company's revenue in the first quarter, which ended August 31, 2008, has declined compared to the revenue in the same period of 2007. Scholastic president Richard Robinson...
- Scholastic, With YTD Revenue Down 9.6%, Bolsters Management Team In Education-Related Biz. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Scholastic Children's Book for the third quarter ended February 28, 2005 in the U.S. Revenues of the company; Totality of the company's operating profit; Percentage decline of the company's revenue.
- Scholastic's First Quarter Results. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p3
Presents a chart depicting the financial performance of Scholastic Corp. in the first quarter of year 2004 in the U.S. Revenue gained from children's and educational books; Operating loss; Net profit.
- Scholastic's Trade Biz Up 6% as Education, Clubs Disappoint. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of New York-based publishing company, Scholastic Inc., as of the third quarter of its fiscal year 2006. The company's trade book revenue increases by six percent despite of higher costs and a decline in book club and book fair revenue. Meanwhile,...
- Mid-Year, K-12 Industry Waits for a Break. // Educational Marketer;8/15/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the optimism of several publishers in the PreK-12 industry for the second half of 2011 amidst sales declines in the first half of the year. It says that Pearson Education Inc. anticipates growth for 2011 with its digital programs. It tells that McGraw-Hill Cos. expects high...