TEST OF EFFICACY OF MODEL FAMILY STRENGTHENING PROGRAMS
- CSAT unable to fund new projects for women and children. // Alcoholism Report;Dec93, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p7
Focuses on an announcement by the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) that it will not be able to fund any new demonstration projects for the residential treatment of women and their children, as had been originally announced. Details.
- Good relationships with your children can help prevent alcohol and drug use. // Addiction Letter;Sep95, Vol. 11 Issue 9, following p4
Focuses on a study which suggests a `very strong' link between positive parent-child relationships and low alcohol and drug use by adolescents. Role of parenting; Suggestions on preventing high-risk behaviors of children.
- CSAT restructures referral hotline. // Addiction Letter;Jul95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p5
Reports that the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment has redesigned its national Drug Information and Treatment Referral Hotline. Features of the revised system; Contact information.
- Family system characteristics and parental behaviors as predictors of adolescent substance use. Anderson, Allan R.; Henry, Carolyn S. // Adolescence;Summer94, Vol. 29 Issue 114, p405
Investigates adolescent perceptions of family system characteristics and parental behaviors as predictors of adolescent substance use. Measurement of adolescent substance use through the Substance Use Indicator; Self-report questionnaire data; Measurement of bonding, flexibility and...
- The relationship between family variables and adolescent substance abuse: A literature review. Denton, Rhonda E.; Kampfe, Charlene M. // Adolescence;Summer94, Vol. 29 Issue 114, p475
Reviews literature on the relationship between family variables and adolescent substance abuse. Family drug usage patterns; Family atmosphere; Dependence of the strength of the relationship between family variables and teenage substance abuse on the substance used; Developing substance...
- ShortStuff. // Girls' Life;Apr/May2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
The article offers news briefs related to teenagers in the U.S. Jasmine Lawrence, a teenager founded Eden Bodyworks, an all-natural hair- and skin-care line, and the company is flourishing. A tracking study conducted by the Partnership for a Drug-Free America found an increasing rate of...
- CENTER FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT (CSAT). // NCADD Washington Report;May2000, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p1
Reports that the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment has issued draft regulations in the Federal Register addressing how doctors should administer the drug buprenorphine, who should get the drug and physician training.
- Decision imminent on who will accredit methadone programs. // Behavioral Health Accreditation & Accountability Alert;Nov2001, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p4
Reveals the plans of the United States Federal Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) to announce the names of organizations that will accredit opioid treatment programs under its adopted regulations for methadone treatment. Aim of the CSAT regulations on methadone treatment; Purpose of...
- Electronic system opens national dialogue on prevention. // Addiction Letter;Jul94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the availability of data from the Prevention Online (PREVline) service to alcohol and other drug abuse professionals under the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention's National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information program. Advantages of using PREVline; Benefits for state...