CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE RISKS IN WOMEN
- Heart Disease Trends: Women Are Looking More Like Men. // LocumLife;Apr2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the prevalence of myocardial infarction (MI) and the risk factor scores in women in the U.S. According to a study of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), women are gaining ground on their male counterpart in the prevalence of MI and cardiovascular...
- LISTEN TO YOUR Heart. Worthington, Jane // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/25/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p66
A quiz concerning the risks factors for heart disease in women is presented.
- Review: Statins reduce mortality and cardiovascular events in adults at risk for cardiovascular disease. Davidson, Richard A.; Rosenberg, Eric; Brugts, J. J. // ACP Journal Club;10/20/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses a study conducted to examine if statins reduce mortality in adults without established cardiovascular disease (CVD) but with CVD risk factors. The results indicated positivity in statins reducing mortality and cardiovascular events. Later it was also found that the...
- Cardiovascular disease: Getting to the heart of the problem. Dinsmoor, Robert; Galante, Dennis // Countdown;Fall99, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p32
Discusses preventive steps recommended to reduce the risk factors associated with heart disease for diabetic and nondiabetic populations in the United States. Decline in mortality from heart disease; Ways in which diabetes contributes to cardiovascular disease; Development of macrovascular...
- What women need to know about heart disease. // Geriatrics;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p26
Offers information on heart disease in women. Risk factors; Ways to protect the self from heart disease; Questions to ask physicians concerning heart disease; Controlling of risk factors.
- Heart disease in older women. Tecce, Marc A.; Dasgupta, Indranil; Doherty, John U. // Geriatrics;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p33
Discusses cardiovascular disease in older women in the U.S. Differences between men and women in the prevalence, incidence and treatment outcomes of cardiovascular disease; Features of coronary heart disease; Impact of risk factor modification; Outcomes of angioplasty and bypass surgery;...
- Hidden Heart Risk. // Shape;Oct2013, p120
The article discusses the risk factors associated with the coronary heart disease in women and reports that due to high levels of triglycerides the risk of heart disease increases in women.
- Risk Factors and Treatment in Women with Coronary Artery Disease. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/21/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p10
Presents a summary of a report entitled 'Risk Factors and Secondary Prevention in Women with Heart Disease: The Heart and Estrogen/progestin Replacement Study,' that was published in the January 21, 2003 issue of the periodical 'Annals of Internal Medicine,' vol. 138. Risk factors detected in...
- Risk Factors and Secondary Prevention in Women with Heart Disease: The Heart and Estrogen/progestin Replacement Study. Vittinghoff, Eric; Shlipak, Michael G.; Varosy, Paul D.; Furberg, Curt D.; Ireland, Christine C.; Khan, Steven S.; Blumenthal, Roger; Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth; Hulley, Stephen // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/21/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p81
Background: Risk factors for coronary heart disease events have most commonly been evaluated in healthy men. Objective: To assess risk factors, event rates, and use of secondary prevention treatments in women with preexisting coronary disease. Design: A prospective cohort of clinical trial...