Free to Roam
- Intel investsÃ‚ in Malaysian mobile broadband provider to advance WiMAX. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;5/26/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that Intel Capital has invested $15.4 million in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-based mobile broadband networking provider Green Packet Bhd. The investment is aimed to accelerate the proliferation of standards-based, high-speed wireless broadband in Southeast Asia. It is stated that...
- Know your limits. Withers, Stephen // Australian Personal Computer;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p106
The article informs about how to avoid excess data bills in case of exceeding one's broadband ISP's download quota. With a little care and planning it is easy to make the most of a broadband quota: make sure the data limit is suitable for the workload, take advantage of any off-peak or unmetered...
- UK Design Week puts emphasis on imaging, audio and video through mobile handsets. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;6/1/2005, Issue 2196, p36
This article reports that the management of power and memory in handsets and the management of radio and network bandwidth are the topics being covered at this year's RTT UK Design Week, with an emphasis on imaging, audio and video. The four days of study, on 21-24 June 2005, is being led by...
- Top Execs Push Broadband. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the urge given by officials in the telecommunication industry for a policy on broadband access in the U.S. Identification of the officials that have cited the need for a broadband policy; Effort taken by the Computer Systems Policy Project for a national broadband policy; Status of the...
- The bandwidth bandwagon. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the broadband communications market in the United States (US). Efforts of Broadwing to bring optical services in the US; Plans of Broadwing to deploy Corvis' CorWave products across its nationwide networks beginning with the Western half of the US; Details on the launching of...
- An Overview of Broadband Technologies. Sharathchandra, Chitra // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the application of broadband technology in the United States. Definition of broadband technology; Characteristics of the technology; Variants of the digital subscriber line.
- new products. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p64
Features several broadband communication products, compiled as of April 2003. Work Order Management Software by Enhanced Telecommunications Inc.; Polarization Mode Dispersion Analyzer launched by EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc. INSET: Textile innerduct.
- Spectrum scuffle. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on a White House executive memorandum calling for executive branch departments and agencies and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to cooperate with the wireless industry to identify spectrum for high-speed, broadband 3G systems. Global bands that were identified...
- Global Crossing, Telefonica, 360networks in tight race to deliver undersea cable capacity to Latin America. // Lightwave;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p206
Provides information on the broadband undersea cable system development in South America. Predictions of the Yankee Group on the demand of undersea cable capacity in the area; Use of Internet in the Latin American region.