The Artful Billionaire
- le pinault japonais. Benhamou-Huet, Judith // Art-Press;oct2009, Issue 360, p30
The article profiles businessman Soichiro Fukutake who has been dubbed as the Japanese version of French businessman FranÃ§ois Pinault. It points out that Fukutake, like Pinault, likes contemporary art as it provides him with a major means of self-realization. It notes that Fukutake made his...
- LOVE & MONEY. CONLEY, KEVIN // Town & Country;Nov2014, Vol. 168 Issue 5410, p198
The article features the collection of contemporary art by FranÃ§ois Pinault, the founder of a luxury empire and the owner of art auction house Christie's.
- French Billionaire Snares Museum Site from Guggenheim. Adam, Georgina // Art & Antiques;Summer2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on French billionaire FranÃ§ois Pinault and his 30-year lease on the Punta della Dogana in Venice, Italy for his collection of 141 works of art exhibited on his new museum. In 1989, the Guggenheim Museum of Art was the first to initiate the discussions regarding the...
- Ando's Pinault project canceled in Paris. Jodidio, Philip // Architectural Record;Jul2005, Vol. 193 Issue 7, p37
The article focuses on FranÃ§ois Pinault, owner of Gucci and Christie's, who announced on May 9, 2005 that he was canceling the Pinault Foundation, a museum of contemporary art in Paris, France. The ambitious scheme, shaped like the prow of a ship cutting into the Seine River, was to have been...
- PAINTING PINAULT. Murphy, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 108, p48
The article features French tycoon and art collector FranÃ§ois Pinault. Pinault, it seems, prefers to let his art do his talking--all of which contributes to his mystique. He is the ultimate self-made man. The collecting bug bit Pinault 30 years ago, the first painting he purchased was a Paul...
- Pinault Nixes Paris Museum. Murphy, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/10/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 99, p2
Reports that French luxury and retail tycoon FranÃ§ois Pinault has completed a deal to buy percentage of a stake of Venice's Palazzo Grassi museum in Paris, France. Disappointments of Pinault in the field of art collection; Plans of Pinault for the museum; Cost of the stake of Pinault.
- TALES FROM THE CITY: Venice. Terrien, David // Art Review;Jul/Aug2007, Issue 13, p46
The article discusses the success of Francois Pinault in making the Palazzo Grassi art gallery a larger and more grand institution in Venice, Italy. It hosted to the "Sequence 1," second exhibition of works selected from Pinault's contemporary art holdings in 2007. Pinault turned to Venice after...
- LA director to rehang Pinault's art. C. B. // Art Newspaper;Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 243, p1
The article announces that the director of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) in Los Angeles, California, Michael Govan, is organizing an exhibition featuring work from the Pinault Collection, works owned by French billionaire FranÃ§ois Pinault.
- THE NEW KING OF LUXURY. Gumbel, Peter // Fortune International (Asia);9/14/2009, Vol. 160 Issue 4, p28
The article features FranÃ§ois-Henri Pinault, a French businessman whose holdings include the auction house Christie's and ChÃ¢teau Latour. He has run the family's publicly traded conglomerate called PPR that owns some of the world's best-known luxury brands. He married Hollywood star Salma...