Lean on Me
- Sy moves up, Villar enters Forbes list of billionaires. PAGULONG, CHARMIE; MERCURIO, RICHMOND // Filipino Reporter;3/6/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p13
The article reports on the ranking of Filipino entrepreneurs in Forbes' 2015 list of billionaires, including banking and property tycoon Henry Sy Sr., John Gokongwei Jr., founder of conglomerate JG Summit Holdings, and former Senate President Manuel Villar.
- The Philippines' 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne // Forbes Asia;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p76
The article offers information on the 40 richest people in the Philippines. Henry Sy, who ranks on the top, is the owner of SM Prime which built the largest shopping mall in the Philippines. Lucio Tan, who ranks second, owns the largest cigarette maker in the Philippines, Fortune Tobacco,...
- Generation $. // Executive Report;Nov97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p7
Reports that the so-called generation of slackers may be turning into a generation of entrepreneurs according to the study made by Well Fargo/NFIB. Relationship between age and the entrepreneurs' attitude of buying and starting their own businesses; Reason why young people are more inclined to...
- Nominations Sought For '05 EOY. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/14/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the move of Ernst & Young to seek nominations for the Entrepreneur of the Year 2005 Award in West Michigan. Criteria for the nominees; Categories and industry segments of the award; Contact information.
- HEROIC EFFORTS. // New Zealand Management;May2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p11
Provides information on the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year awards in New Zealand. Purpose of the award; Opportunities offered by the award to the winner.
- Entreprenariat social et entreprenariat collectif: synthÃ¨se et constats. Fontan, Jean-Marc // Canadian Journal of Nonprofit & Social Economy Research / Revue ;Fall2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p37
No abstract available.
- Five Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make. Patzke, Frank // CPA Wealth Provider;Oct2005, p18
Focuses on five mistakes entrepreneurs make. Reasons for the failure of entrepreneurs; Importance of time, temperament and talent in business; Finding of market niche; Amount of capital needed in business; Work and passion required in business.
- Twenty Years of Excellence. // njbiz;6/26/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 26, Special section p3
Focuses on the 20th anniversary of the annual Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of th Year awards program in New Jersey for 2006. Brief history of the award; Entrepreneurs who are eligible for the award; Information on the selection of businessmen from a variety of industries.
- You Have to Be a Bet-the-Ranch Type. Farrell, Larry // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p65
The article discusses the most common myths about entrepreneuring and the rarely reported realities, about the people who create and build businesses. They include the myth that entrepreneurs are born, not made, the nerd theory of entrepreneurship, the overriding goal of entrepreneurship is to...