Resistance Is Futile
- Computer businesses hope Windows XP reboots sales. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the impact of the release of Windows XP of Microsoft on the computer industry in Detroit, Michigan. Declines of sales of several computer companies; Retailing price of the operating system; Criticisms on the upgrade of computers.
- The Push and Pull of the News. McCormick, John // Interactive Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p8
Comments on the news stories in the computer industry. Release of the Windows XP operating system by Microsoft Corp.; Collaborative computing program of organizations; Services offered by telecommunications companies.
- Documents that Can Phone Home? // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p9
Reports that some Microsoft Office applications can report to a remote server when a user opens a document, according to a Privacy Foundation advisory. Internet advertising companies' use of Web bugs to track e-mail messages.
- E-BYTES. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/17/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6270, p67
Reports on developments related to the computer industry as of April 17, 2001. Microsoft's plan to release its Windows XP operating system.
- No Windows 96? So what? Losing a good friend would be the real disaster. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;1/23/95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p114
Presents the author's thoughts about new Windows version introductions in the United States. Advice concerning Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 96 computer operating system; Other developments in the American computer industry as of January 23, 1995.
- Microsoft produces Windows XP in Puerto Rico. Martinez, Marialba; Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/30/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports the production of Microsoft Windows XP software in the Humacao plant of Microsoft in Puerto Rico. Amount of company investments in the plant; Production of three Windows XP versions to supply demands; Production output of the plant per year.
- Win98 expected to infiltrate corporate computing. Scannell, Ed; Trott, Bob; Biordy, Dan; Radosevich, Lynda // InfoWorld;06/15/98, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the reaction of the computer industry in the United States on the release of the operating system (OS) Windows 98 from Microsoft Corp. Information technology managers on the improvements and productivity gains promised by the OS; Computer users' consideration of using Windows 98 for...
- E-BYTES. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/27/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6267, p73
Reports on developments related to the computer industry as of March 27, 2001. Weaknesses of the Linux operating system; Microsoft's announcement of its .NET Internet business strategy.
- Microsoft: The threat from within. Gallant, John // Network World;10/12/98, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p42
Editorial. Discusses the threats facing Microsoft Corp. with its own Windows NT Terminal Server Edition. Features which corporate users want; Criticisms against Microsft's pricing practices; Failure of network computer proponents to dislodge Microsoft.