Urban systems face challenges, opportunities
- 'Diversity Week' Going Strong. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p2
Reports on cable-related events scheduled to take place in New York City between September 23-30, 2002. Money generated by provider of funds for diversity minded cable services Walter Kaitz Foundation for its dinner event; Issues that will be discussed at a National Association of Minorities in...
- NAMIC Leaders Work to Advance Mission. Johnson, Kathy // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p2A
The National Association of Minorities in Communications (NAMIC) is preparing for the Vision Awards, its largest and most public event of the year, organization leaders are working busily around the U.S. to advance the association's mission of making cable television a more hospitable industry...
- Survey Shows Hiring Gains. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p87
Reports that minorities are yet to gain full representation in upper-management positions in U.S. cable companies according to an employment survey conducted by the National Association of Minorities in Communications (NAMIC). Remarks made by NAMIC president Patricia Andrews-Keenan on the...
- Cable's Call. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Midwest Edition;11/15/99, Vol. 40 Issue 46, Race and the Media p36
Deals with the efforts of the United States cable television industry to promote diversity in its workforce. Comments by Bill Bresnan, designer and builder of Bresnan Communications, on the cable industry's diversity efforts; Findings of a study released by the National Association of...
- Cable's Call. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Southeast Edition;11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, Race and the Media p36
Reports on the study done by the National Association of Minorities in Communication on the minority representation in the cable industry. Discrimination perceived by minorities; Efforts of several cable companies to address the issue of diversity; Details on the subscription rates of African...
- CableCard Set-Tops Top 22.75 Million. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;10/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on the deployment of 22.75 million leased set-top boxes with CableCards by the biggest cable operators of the U.S.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.