Equipped for fabrication
- Almost automatic. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p20
The article provides information on the automated platform and dump trailer manufacturing plant opened by Benson International in Cadiz, Kentucky in October 2006. The facility uses robots to create side rails, welding aluminum flooring and main beams. The plant also functions as a fabrication...
- Construction underway for Benson plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the commencement of the construction of the manufacturing facility of Benson International Inc. in Cadiz, Kentucky. Number of the people who attended the event; Participation of Kentucky governor Ernie Fletcher; Advantage of the facility to Benson.
- Benson presents inner wall technology dump trailer. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p24
Features the inner wall technology dump trailer developed by Mineral Wells, West Virginia-based Benson International. Product design; Benefits of the product to its user; Addition of color to the exterior panels of the product.
- Bullet, Cannon explode onto dump body scene. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2004, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p79
Evaluates the Bullet and the Cannon, the new dump body designs from Benson International Inc. as of March 2004. Purpose of the body designs; Key features; Description of the trucks.
- Caterpillar moves in on Novosibirsk. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2008, following p18
The article reports on the plan of Caterpillar to build a plant in Novosibirsk, Russia to produce dump trucks with carrying capacities of between 50 and 100 tonnes, as well as components for Caterpillar machinery. The construction of the plant will be needing the metalware to be prepared in...
- Wabash's Cadiz operations up and running. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2008, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p6
The article announces that the production of flatbed trailers has commenced at the acquired operations of Benson International by Wabash National Corp. The trailer production operations of Benson is in Cadiz, Kentucky. Dick Giromini, national president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Wabash...
- Barford to increase dumper output at Grantham facility. Sowman, Colin // Contract Journal;7/18/2007, Vol. 439 Issue 6634, p12
The article reports on the decision of dumper specialist Barford to increase production capacity at its factory in Grantham, England to 4,000 units per year by adding a second production line and changing its procedures. In 2006, the company built around 2,000 machines on a single line and this...
- Thinking ahead. Anthony, Mark // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
This article focuses on the hiring trends within the site dumper sector in Great Britain. The site dumper is such a mainstay of plant hire fleets across the country that it seems there is always someone willing to undercut local hire rates. With so little to choose between the machine...
- German plant opening brings Bell to Europe. Cooper, Martin // Contract Journal;11/26/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6454, p12
Reports on the opening of the articulated dumped truck (ADT) production plant of Bell Equipment in Eisenach, Germany. Implication of the plant opening; Percentage of the company's share in the ADT market.