- Equipped for fabrication. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p22
The article provides information on the fabrication department of the plant owned by platform and dump trailer manufacturer Benson International in Cadiz, Kentucky. Aside from functioning as a fabrication center, the plant produces parts for a sister facility. The department is equipped with...
- Faster footwork. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);5/21/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7724, p40
The article discusses the improvement in the automation tools of several machine-tool manufacturers due to the demand of customers for greater flexibility of instruments in Great Britain. According to the author, the machine-tool market is changing rapidly due to preference of robotic...
- Robots for aircraft assembly. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p20
The article reports that a flexible aircraft assembly-line concept featuring robots was made by Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials (IFAM) researchers.
- Future robots will see, feel and send e-mail. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/7/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6215, p28J
The article presents information on the future advance technology robots that will be used in the assembly line of the automobile factories. Such robots will be able to send e-mails. According to Gary Zywiol, vice president of product development for Fanuc Robotics America Inc. in Rochester...
- LINE BALANCING IN AN AUTOMOBILE ASSEMBLY PLANT: COMPARATIVE APPLICATIONS OF TWO TECHNIQUES. Tabucanon, Mario T.; Somnasang, Seree // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug81, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the application of assembly line balancing techniques for the automobile assembly plant. Specification of the production rate; Assessment of the computer time used; Percentage of line efficiency.
- Considering Instructions: A Design Thinking and Communication Challenge. Funk, Roger L. // Technology Teacher;Apr2001, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the challenge involved in writing assembly instructions. Reason for buying assembly sheets and then assembling them in the factory; Factors that enhance good assembly instructions; Key issues which should be considered in developing such instructional material.
- China set for robotic future. // Process Engineering;Feb2015, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p29
This article discusses the prediction of the International Federation of Robotics on industrial robots that will operate in China's production plants in the future, China's fame as the world's largest market for industrial robots, and the plan of robot makers to build production lines in China.
- THEORETICAL CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING THE CONCEPT OF WORKING CAPACITY OF WOOD-WORKING MACHINE-TOOLS. BUDÃU, Gavril; ISPAS, Mihai // Pro Ligno;Sep2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p55
Due to persisting confusions between the concepts "labor productivity" and "working capacity" of a machine-tool, equipment or production line, the authors considered it necessary to define and explain these terms. Starting by defining the notions "working cycle" and "functioning cycle", the...
- AUTOMATION IN MANUFACTURING AND SERVICES. Singhal, Kalyan; Agrawal, Vijay K.; Liberatore, Matthew J. // Encyclopedia of Operations Research & Management Science;2001, p38
The article presents an encyclopedia for automation in manufacturing and services. Operations such as machining, welding, inspection and assembly can be performed by a typical automated manufacturing system. A variety of technologies are being used for the application of automation in...