Scheuerle helps Pharaoh Ramses II find nicer home
- TOMB OF THE MONTH. KEISTER, DOUGLES // American Cemetery;May2010, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p14
The article offers information on the historic Great Pyramid located in Giza, Egypt. The massive pyramid was considered as one of the seven wonders of the ancient world and became the tomb for Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu in 2571 B.C. The pyramid measures 755.81 feet on each side and 480.57 feet high....
- Las pirÃ¡mides de Gizeh. PUTNAM, JAMES // PirÃ¡mides;2010, p16
No abstract available.
- EGYPT'S ANCIENT WONDERS. Furniss, Charlie // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2004, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p96
Presents photographs of several places in Egypt from the archives of the Royal Geographical Society. Pyramids of Giza near the west bank of the Nile river; Great Hyposite Hall, a part of the Karnak Temple complex in Luxor; Kiosk of Trajan on Philae Island; Colossi of Memnon, sandstone statues...
- La Gran Esfinge. PUTNAM, JAMES // PirÃ¡mides;2010, p26
No abstract available.
- 2575 BCE. // History of Science & Technology;2004, p35
This article claims that in 2575 BCE, the Great Pyramid of Giza became a tomb for Egyptian Pharaoh Khufu.
- Ancient Theories. // Skeptic;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p100
Presents the beliefs of the ancient world about the Giza pyramids. Claim of Pharaoh Tuthmosis IV; Worship of the pharaohs that built the pyramids; Mistake of Jewish historian Josephus.
- Three Pyramids for Three Pharaohs. Leardi, Jeanette // Great Pyramid: Egypt's Tomb for All Time;2007, p20
This section of the book "Great Pyramid: Egypt's Tomb for All Time," provides information on the tombs of the pharaoh Khafre, Khufu's son, and the pharaoh Menkaure, Khafre's son. Khafre's pyramid was built on higher ground and is shorter by 8 feet as compared to the Great Pyramid. Several small...
- Rover's return to Pyramids. // Engineer (00137758);9/13/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7611, p5
Focuses on the robot, Pyramid Rover, a specially designed to unlock secrets of the Great Pyramid at Giza. Mission of the robot; Physical measurements of the robot; Broadcast of the operation in cable and satellite televisions.
- Giza. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/26/94-1/2/95, Issue 52, p12
Reports on the effects of the construction of an eight-lane highway close to the Pyramids Of Giza in Egypt. Use of road to ease traffic in Cairo; Alleged violations of laws protecting ancient monuments.