Astoria boosts manufacturing capacity
- Green glass service bodies. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the move of Astoria Industries of Iowa Inc. to convert fiberglass scrap into a product people can use. It discusses the challenges presented by fiberglass as it does not rot and rust. A patent-pending process to produce panels that replace traditional cores in the service...
- Got Kenaf? // Environmental Health Perspectives;Nov2006, Vol. 114 Issue 11, pA637
The article focuses on the launch of a new manufacturing complex in Spain, by Great Britain-based SPDG Technologies PLC. About $2.51 million has been provided by the Spanish government for the construction of the facility. The complex is expected to manufacture products based on hibiscus-like...
- CORRECTIONS. // Composites Technology;Aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p23
Several corrections to articles that were published in previous issues including one about the glass fiber-reinforced pipe fabricated by DeepFlex Inc. and another on retooling theory and practice are presented.
- Commitment to safety. Imus, Catherine // Buildings;Dec98, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p26
Provides information on the scientific research which supports the safety of fiber glass insulation. Four important areas of the research; Findings of the research; Organizations which are responsible for the research.
- Eurocell add new plant. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov2005, p6
Reports on the opening of the manufacturing and administration plant of Eurocell Building Plastics in Derbyshire, England. Inclusion of extruder equipment, eight new silos and an improved mixing plant in the new facility; Significance of the new facility in increasing the company's presence in...
- Commissioning: no tricks needed. Killcross, Martin // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2012, Issue 851, p42
The article dispels the myth on the belief that commissioning chemical and process plant is a black art and presents tips on using the strategy. It explains the three stages of commissioning, namely, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up. The methodologies behind successful commissioning...
- Owens Corning Continues Global Manufacturing Capacity Additions. // Ceramic Industry;Aug2004, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on the plans of Owens Corning to open shingles and insulation manufacturing plants in China as of August 2004. Background on the shingles plant being constructed in East China; Construction of a fiber glass insulation facility in Tianjin, China; Web site of Owens Corning.
- Ahlstrom inaugurates Glassfiber tissue plant in Tver. // Colourage;Jun2008, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p137
The article reports that fiber-based material manufacturer, Ahlstrom Corp. has inaugurated its glassfiber tissue production facility in Redkino, Russia. The Redkino facility produces glassfiber tissue for the Russian construction and plastic composite industries. The facility has a production...
- Using Fiberglass in Rocketry. Dondanville, Chris // Apogee's Rocketry E-Zine: Peak of Flight;4/24/2012, Issue 311, p2
The article discusses the utilization of fiberglass in the rocketry industry. It provides an overview of the definition of fiberglass which is a type of composite material made of two or more base materials with different physical and chemical properties while the non-woven fiberglass is a...