Implementing a Progressive Consumption Tax: Advantages of Adopting the VAT Credit-Method System
- Corporate Tax Issues in the Baltics. Gencs, Valters; Bauda, Ilona // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Jun2009, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p13
Valters Gencs and Ilona Bauda discuss the similarities and differences in the corporate tax systems of the three Baltic States- Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia-in the last 20 years.
- Our Three Great Spending Sprees. // Saturday Evening Post;1/20/1934, Vol. 206 Issue 30, p22
Presents views on the U.S. government spending as of 1934. Purpose of the government spending; Increase in credit inflation of the government; Action to be taken to emerge from economic depression.
- TAXATION OF FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARIES. Lent, George E. // National Tax Journal;Mar69, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p139
This article explores the Royal Commission's proposals for the taxation of financial intermediaries in Canada. The program formulated for the taxation is designed to achieve tax neutrality among competing institutions within the framework of its basic principles for the integration of...
- A SUGGESTION ON THE TAXATION OF CORPORATIONS. McCrea, Roswell C. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;May05, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p492
This article focuses on corporate taxation in the U.S. It is commonplace to say that in the working of the tax system of the United States the attainment of equality is the exception rather than the rule. Inequalities occur in the taxation both of individuals and of corporations, whether or not...
- TAX. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Mar1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1147, p168
This section presents a list of books on corporate taxation.
- Corporate tax cut looms as poor suffer. Munckton, Stuart // Green Left Weekly;2/2/2011, Issue 866, p19
The article reports on the efforts of President Barack Obama to call for a freeze on government spending, and lowering for the corporate tax rate in the U.S.
- A Rich Man's Tax Program. Gass, Oscar // New Republic;10/16/44, Vol. 111 Issue 16, p481
Discusses the Committee for Economic Development's (CED) tax program in the U.S. Need to maintain federal expenditures of between $16 and $18 billion per year, excluding social security payments or retirement of debt; Contributions of citizens to monetarily support the federal government;...
- Manuel's discipline too strict. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;8/31/2005, p70
Provides approaches on how Finance Minister Trevor Manuel should address the fiscal situation in South Africa. Importance of looking at the budget deficit as a percentage of gross domestic product; Significance of ensuring that borrowing does not exceed government spending; Benefits of the...
- Contract Management: Government Faces Challenges in Gathering Socioeconomic Data on Purchase Card Merchants: GAO-03-56. Cooper, David E. // GAO Reports;12/13/2002, p1
Government purchase cards have streamlined the process of acquiring goods and services by allowing employees to purchase directly from merchants rather than going through the regular procurement process. The government spent $13.8 billion using purchase cards in fiscal year 2001. However, the...