Further Validation for the Santa Clara Strength of Religious Faith Questionnaire
- A cost-benefit analysis of faith. J.W. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/22/96, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p38
Reports on a series of studies which suggest that religious devotion improves health. The change of policy of some private health insurers in the United States.
- Faith aids in coping with kin's surgery. // USA Today Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 125 Issue 2623, p8
Reports on the findings of a study aimed at determining the psychological benefits of faith for people dealing with a family member's heart surgery. Details of the study performed by Larry Vandecreek of Ohio State University Hospitals in Columbus, Ohio and Kenneth Pargament of Bowling Green...
- Notebook. // Second Opinion;Oct91, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p139
Presents excerpts from publications about topics related to faith, health and ethics. Use of humor in coping with illness; Isolation of parents from children; Women in mental institutions; Jewish ritual relating to issues of the body to those of faith; Whether religious heritages have an impact...
- Miscellaneous issues. // Second Opinion;Jul92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p109
Presents excerpts related to health, faith and ethics, taken from different publications. Environmental crisis; Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG); Emergency food aid; Smoking; Safe sex; Prostitution; Physician-patient relationship; Physician-assisted suicide; Testosterone levels. More.
- Healing the Body, Healing the Self: The Interrelationship of Sickness, Health, and Faith in the Lives of St. Lawrence Island Yupik Residents. Jolles, Carol Zane // Arctic Anthropology;2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p93
Discusses the interrelationship of sickness, health, and faith in the lives of Saint Lawrence Island Yupik residents. Personal background on the author; Tendency for people of all religions to rely on prayer to alleviate pain; Theoretical background; Narratives of faith and healing.
- The elderly, religion and the mind/body connection. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;2/12/96, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the links between religious belief and health in the elderly according to research findings by Harold Koenig. Levels of religious belief and orientation in terminally-ill patients; Religion and coping strategy of sick senior citizens; Role of religion in physician-older patient...
- Behind health care crisis, faith is in a coma. Kropf, Richard W. // National Catholic Reporter;10/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p15
Opinion. Comments on the negative impact of health care reforms on religious belief United States. Crisis in the faith of life after death behind increased medical demands; Reasons why many Christians have difficulty overcoming the fear of death; Moral and ethical implication of the issue.
- Poll finds very religious have good health habits. // Christian Century;1/25/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses a Gallup survey that asked Americans about their religious beliefs and healthy behaviors.
- Strong Faith Equals Long Life. Crute, Sheree // Heart & Soul;Nov2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p59
Reports the effect of faith on health in Durham, North Carolina. Researchers of the study; Association between faith and longevity; Recovery status of faithful and unfaithful patients from serious illness.