Finding Beauty in Bankruptcy
- Jefferies Realigns Trading, Commits Capital. // Securities Industry News;4/30/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
The article announces appointments involving executives at brokerage Jefferies & Co. including Kenneth F. Byrne as co-head of the health care sector trading, William W. Painter as head of financials and Craig Peckham as desk-analyst.
- JEFFERIES REORGANIZES. Scotti, Michael // Traders Magazine;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 253, p8
The article reports on the move of Jefferies & Co. to reorganize its 65 sector traders into one single location in New York City. According to its Director of Global Equity Trading, Scott Jones, the integration was due to the company's attempt to enter sector trading and to have a centralized...
- Smart money's on banker. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;4/24/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p37
The article reports that Wall Street banker, Steven Strom has joined Jefferies & Co. to ply his trade as a managing director. He is part of a fraternity of a few dozen Wall Street bankers who specialize in the hardest of hard bargaining, representing investors in companies that are mired in or...
- Restructuring Renewal at Jefferies. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 17, p23
The article reports on the reorganization of Jefferies & Co. to expand its restructuring and recapitalization practice and to replace its restructuring co-heads which left the company to join Moelis & Co. The company has hired Michael Henkin and Steven Strom to become its new managing directors...
- Argentina's Bankruptcy Law of 1995. Dobson, Juan M. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p101
Discusses the 1995 bankruptcy law of Argentina, which contemplates reorganizations and liquidation bankruptcy. Law's attempt to devise mechanisms that may salvage the enterprise without the debtor; Description of the notion of 'enterprise salvage'; Evidence of how unviable many Argentine...
- Practice opportunities serving those in distress in Chapter 11. Baldiga, Nancy R. // CPA Journal;May98, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the potential service opportunities provided by Chapter 11 bankruptcy rules to accountants. Overview of the Chapter 11 process; Evaluation of the reorganization plan; Factors to be considered in the feasibility review; Issue of plan feasibility; Creditor service; Debtor service;...
- Riese exits Chap. 11. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/21/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the reorganization of Riese Organization in the United States. Plans of opening restaurants in New York; Emergence of the National Restaurants Management Inc., the company's subsidiary from the Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Details on the settlement of claims to ALGM LLC, the company's creditor.
- Proposed law could help sort out tangled cross-border bankruptcies. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p13
Reports that part of the overall bankruptcy bill under consideration in the United States Congress will require countries to cooperate in multinational bankruptcy proceedings. Multinational reorganizations; Flaws in the current system of territorialism; Countries interested in the US move.
- When a strategic plan includes bankruptcy. Pearce II, John A.; DiLullo, Samuel A. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p67
States that when done effectively, securing temporary protection under the bankruptcy code can give a firm the opportunity to rebuild its resources and handle the task of becoming profitable and competitive. How business failures are adversely affecting the American economy; Highlights of the...