Deregulation Fuels Euro Energy M&A
- 3. ELECTRICITY. // EEBR Report - Germany;2004, p13
Highlights trends in Germany's electricity sector as of January 2004. Volume of electricity production, consumption, imports and exports from 1980 to 2002; Overview of mergers of corporations among the major electric suppliers in the country; Characteristics of regulation in the industry.
- The New EC Merger Control Regulation: Guaranteeing the Effectiveness of the Architecture of Separate Jurisdictional Zones? Davison, Leigh M. // Intereconomics;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p148
The article discusses Merger Control Regulation (MCR) of the Council of the European Union. The new pre-notification corrective, devised and driven by the European Commission, is contained in Article 4 of the new MCR. It exists to bring case allocation in line with the architecture of separate...
- Monti, Not Microsoft, Mangles Markets. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;4/19/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p14
Criticizes Mario Monti, the antitrust chief of the European Union, for his actions against Microsoft Corp. Fine imposed by Monti against Microsoft; Decision of Monti on Microsoft that will have negative impact on consumers; Stand of Monti on mergers and acquisitions.
- Foreign Investments Under Closer Scrutiny--Recent Changes to the German Foreign Trade Act and the German Foreign Trade Regulation. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q2, Special section p1
The article focuses on the changes to the German Foreign Trade Act and the German Foreign Trade Regulation enforced on April 24, 2009. It notes that there will be stricter control over the acquisition of German firms by foreign investors under the amended law. It adds that the scope of both...
- Prospective European Merger Activity: After the Maastricht Treaty Takes Effect. Lansing, Paul; McElroy, William // International Journal of Management;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p385
Focuses on the merger and acquisition activities in the United States which led to a more efficient market place and stronger competitor in the global environment. Goal in establishing the Treaty of Rome; Europe's ability to turn to the government for support; Social effects of Maastricht...
- Time for a rethink? Norton, Anthony // Finance Week;3/24/2003, p57
Comments on requirements that competition authorities have to be notified of any merger or acquisition above a certain threshold in South Africa. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on business.
- Anti-consumer in the name of anti-trust. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p1
Details the Consumer Alert's (CA) stand on federal agencies' anti-trust attacks on businesses and their effects on consumers. Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) opposition to a proposed merger of Staples and Office Depot; Transportation Department's review of a proposed alliance between American...
- Poker for Dummies. A. D. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the "put up or shut up" rule on merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in Great Britain. It notes that the rule has been picked up by other countries in Europe including France, Austria, Belgium and Luxembourg. The rule received a boost throughout Europe following the European...
- Marriage vows. // Lawyer;8/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on the reforms established by the European Commission following criticisms by the European Court of First Instance of the manner by which the commission handles merger cases. Commission's reaction to the criticisms; Referrals between the commission and European Union countries;...