Selective effects of nutrients on gut sensitivity and reflexes
- GASTRIC ULCER- BETTER CRITERIA FOR BENIGNANCY AND MALIGNANCY. Browne, Donovan C.; Welch, George E.; Moss, James B.; McHardy, Gordon // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1955, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p211
Investigates the criteria for benignancy and malignancy of gastric ulcer in the U.S. Speculations on the recommendation for surgical intervention for all gastric ulcers; Criticisms on the use of an ultraconservative medical program for the treatment process; Emphasis on the disciplines that a...
- PEPTIC ULCER MANAGEMENT WITH JB 323 (PIPTAL) A NEW ANTICHOLINERGIC. Riese, Jacob A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1955, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p223
Presents a study on the management of peptic ulcer with the use of anticholinergic JB 323 in the U.S. Historical background on the use of synthetic agents for the treatment; Influence of the synthetic anticholinergic compound on gastric secretion and motility; Experimental results conducted over...
- GUT CHECK. // Amazing Wellness;Early Winter2015, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented which focuses on a study which revealed that gut syndrome affects brain, digestive system, and emotions.
- Editorial. Thomson, Sandie // South African Gastroenterology Review;Aug2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to articles published in this issue is presented including an article on tertiary care, another on embolotherapy for haemostasis in haemossucus pancreatiticus and an article on European norms of gastroenterology practice.
- Stomach trouble? Andrews, Michelle; Cao, Alex // Self;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p134
Focuses on the identification of the causes of digestive disorder and stomach pain in the U.S. Assessment of the delicate euphemism for nausea; Percentage of Americans suffering from stomach pain; Importance of consultation with the physicians about the problem.
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Journal of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases;Mar2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p112
A calendar of events related to gastroenterology for April to December 2012 including Digestive Disease Week, 12th International Congress of Behavioral Medicine, Regional Postgraduate Summer School 2012.
- Diabetic gastropathy and prokinetics Talley, Nicholas J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p264
The treatment of diabetic gastropathy, which here refers to a clinical syndrome of upper GI tract symptoms suggestive of an upper motility disturbance in diabetes whether or not there is delayed gastric emptying, remains suboptimal. New prokinetics and other motility-modifying agents may prove...
- Keyword Index. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;2015 Supplement, Vol. 110, pS1082
A keyword index is presented for the October 2015 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology."
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer. // Gut;Jul2007, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p1018
The article provides information on the possible diagnosis and treatment of a rare gastric outlet obstruction case. Computed tomography shows that the patient have significant features of gastroduodenal intussusception (GI) like invagination and the presence of concentric circles with varying...