Determinants of symptom pattern in idiopathic severely delayed gastric emptying: gastric emptying rate or proximal stomach dysfunction?
- Ask the Weight-Loss Coach. Skolnik, Heidi // Men's Health;Jan2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p58
The article presents questions and answers related to weight loss. A reader asks about alternative food to people who are allergic to almonds. Another reader asks the possibility of weight loss under a vegetarian life style.
- Community Subgroups in Dyspepsia and Their Association With Weight Loss. Jones, Michael P.; Talley, Nicholas J.; Eslick, Guy D.; Dubois, Dominique; Tack, Jan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2008, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p2051
OBJECTIVE: A link between dyspepsia symptoms and weight loss is controversial. We aimed to determine whether or not weight loss is a marker of dyspepsia. METHODS: Independent community-based cross-sectional studies. Subjects were randomly selected from the general population in Sydney,...
- Primary gastric extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type, with acquisition of CD20 expression in the subcutaneous relapse: report of a case with literature review. Yu-Hua Huang; Chien-Tai Huang; Soo Yong Tan; Shih-Sung Chuang // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Nov2015, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p943
The article presents a case study of a 48-year-old Taiwanese man diagnosed with primary gastric extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type (ENKTL). It says that the ENKTL was characterized with acquisition of CD20 protein expression in the subcutaneous relapse. In addition, body...
- PROVEN: food intolerance adds kilos. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Jul2009, p32
The article discusses research which revealed that food intolerances cause weight gain. It references a study published in the "Middle East Journal of Family Medicine." The study has found that people who were having trouble losing weight on kilojoule-controlled diets lost weight when they went...
- Keys to PERMANENT Weight Loss. // Body Bulletin;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p4
Offers tips for people trying to lose weight.
- Ask Doctor Cory. Vaas, Cory // Child Life;May/Jun2005, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p32
Seeks for an advice in losing weight.
- Yo-yo Dieting Danger? // Environmental Nutrition;May99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
Explains why repeated fluctuations in weight may do more harm than good.
- 13 BIG FAT DIET LIES that keep you from losing. Kusek, Kristyn // Redbook;Feb2001, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on some white lies about weight loss.
- Secrets of successful losers. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jan2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Presents a rundown of successful strategies of weight-loss maintainers.