Major Accessions to Repositories in 2005 Relating to the Labour Movement
- Classified list of archive deposits 1985. Bird, Stephen // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Jul87, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p22
Presents a list of classified archive deposits relevant to labor in Great Britain.
- DOCJT Offering Digitization of Cold Case Files. Foreman, Kelly // Kentucky Law Enforcement Magazine;Fall2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p37
The article mentions the digitalization of cold case files offered by the Department of Criminal Justice Training in Kentucky through a grant funded by the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet.
- Site/Facility Archival Management. Whyman, Wynne // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p0
Presents guidelines to help minimize degradation of a site/facility archival materials. Reproduction of archival materials; Tips on storing materials; Suggestions for archival procedures; List of archival supplies to use.
- Citing the Archival Revolution. // Kritika: Explorations in Russian & Eurasian History;May2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p227
The author discusses the notation of archival sources after receiving a letter criticizing the journal for printing a meaningless "alphabet soup" as a footnote to refer to a document's collection, file, and folio. A call is made for contributors to give expanded references for documents in...
- The State of Archival Appraisal Practices in the ESARBICA Region. Garaba, Francis // African Journal of Library, Archives & Information Science;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
When archivists appraise records, they make a determination as to what to keep and destroy. In other words, they decide who has voice and who remains voiceless. Appraisal involves value prescription to records, and is one of the most important responsibilities of archivists. The future research...
- El archivero infiel: la conquista de la independencia en la archivÃstica contemporÃ¡nea. Gómez, Alejandro Delgado // Ayer: Revista de Historia ContemporÃ¡nea;2014, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p203
This paper explores the reasons why Archival Science has not achieved independence until recently, due to its connection with research and public administration. Firstly, we remember the beginnings of the profession during and after the French Revolution. Then, we follow the trace of its...
- To Archive or Not To Archive: Is That Really the Question? Bourke, Thomas A. // Library Journal;10/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 17, p52
Discusses the confusion surrounding the term "archival" as it relates to library management and collection during a period in which libraries seek to permanently preserve materials. Definition of archival; Misunderstandings of this term; Archival properties of new transfer technologies and...
- FRAMERS OF THE KEPT. Wisniewski, Timothy // Moving Image (15323978);Fall2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
This article discusses generally held archival concepts of value as applied to ephemeral moving images. The author argues that traditional concepts of archival value are rooted in positivist assumptions of evidence that do not apply to the ephemeral. Based on the book "A Glossary of Archival and...
- Brought to Life by the Digital Era. Shin Myung-ho // Koreana;Autumn2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p22
The article offers a report about the digitalization of the "Annals of the Joseon Dynasty," the annual records of the Joseon Dynasty, who ruled Korea, and were written from 1413 to 1865. The section discusses the digitalization of information on the annals, and the availability of information to...