A pilot study of online assessment of childhood speech disorders
- Dislalias asociadas a maloclusiÃ³n dental en escolares. Vázquez-Reyes, Adriana; Reyes y. Zepeda, Adriana; Moyaho-Bernal, Ángeles; Moreno-García, Alicia; Montiel-Jarquín, Álvaro José; Hernández-Ruíz, Ana Karen; Bejarano-Huertas, Ruth; López-Colombo, Aurelio // Revista Medica del IMSS;sep/oct2014, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p538
Background: The test for evaluating phonological simplification processes (TEPROSIF, according to its initials in Spanish) is a tool which is used to identify dyslalias. Our objective was to establish, by using TEPROSIF, the association between dyslalias and malocclusion in children from 4 to 6...
- Speech-language patterns in a child with moya moya disease. Magee, Rebecca; Marshall, Mary // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1183
Describes the speech-language pattern of a child afflicted with Moya Moya disease. Causes and effects of the disease; Findings of its angiograms; Condition of the carotid artery; Types of collateral circulation; Comparison between rete mirabile and cerebral circulation.
- Straight talk on speech problems. Wernick, Sarah // Working Mother;Aug94, p56
Provides tips on determining whether a child needs special help in communicating. Reasons for children's speech impairments; Slower than normal speech development; Evaluation and treatment; Parents as essential part of treatment of speech problems. INSET: Resources..
- PedsEducation.org. // Medicine on the Net;May2006, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p22
Reviews the web site PedsEducation.org, www.pedseducation.org/online _education.
- Identification and differential diagnosis of phonological disorder in bilingual children. Holm, A.; Dodd, B.; Stow, C.; Pert, S. // Language Testing;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p271
Diagnosis of speech disorder in children acquiring two languages is problematic. There are few norms for bilingual language acquisition, and speechï¿½language pathologists are unlikely to speak both languages of the bilingual populations they serve. Further, knowledge concerning the...
- Stuttering induced by theophylline. Rosenfield, David B.; McCarthy, Michael // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Dec1994, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p914
Analyzes the results of an experiment that evaluated fluent asthmatic children who developed stuttering following administration of theophylline. Percentage of adults and children suffering from developmental stutterers (DS); Causes of acquired stuttering (AS); Case studies of children with...
- Evaluation and Management of the Child with Speech Delay. Leung, Alexander K.C.; Kao, C. Pion // American Family Physician;6/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p3121
Deals with the evaluation and management of the child with speech delay. Disorders that may cause a delay in speech development; Epidemiology of speech delay; Etiology; Clinical evaluation and management.
- Omnibus of resources. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p68
A list of online resources related to pediatric health is presented including Asthma info, Hospice resources and Lab test links.
- HealthyChildren.org. // Medicine on the Net;Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p12
The article reviews the web site HealthyChildren.org, located at www.healthychildren.org, from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).