A pilot study of online assessment of childhood speech disorders
Tags: INTERNET in medicine; SPEECH disorders in children -- Diagnosis; ARTICULATION disorders in children -- Diagnosis; INTERNET videoconferencing; CONVERSATION analysis; PEDIATRIC neurology; PEDIATRICS -- Computer network resources
- Speech-language patterns in a child with moya moya disease. Magee, Rebecca; Marshall, Mary // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1183
Describes the speech-language pattern of a child afflicted with Moya Moya disease. Causes and effects of the disease; Findings of its angiograms; Condition of the carotid artery; Types of collateral circulation; Comparison between rete mirabile and cerebral circulation.
- Straight talk on speech problems. Wernick, Sarah // Working Mother;Aug94, p56
Provides tips on determining whether a child needs special help in communicating. Reasons for children's speech impairments; Slower than normal speech development; Evaluation and treatment; Parents as essential part of treatment of speech problems. INSET: Resources..
- Identification and differential diagnosis of phonological disorder in bilingual children. Holm, A.; Dodd, B.; Stow, C.; Pert, S. // Language Testing;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p271
Diagnosis of speech disorder in children acquiring two languages is problematic. There are few norms for bilingual language acquisition, and speechï¿½language pathologists are unlikely to speak both languages of the bilingual populations they serve. Further, knowledge concerning the...
- Stuttering induced by theophylline. Rosenfield, David B.; McCarthy, Michael // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Dec1994, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p914
Analyzes the results of an experiment that evaluated fluent asthmatic children who developed stuttering following administration of theophylline. Percentage of adults and children suffering from developmental stutterers (DS); Causes of acquired stuttering (AS); Case studies of children with...
- Evaluation and Management of the Child with Speech Delay. Leung, Alexander K.C.; Kao, C. Pion // American Family Physician;6/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p3121
Deals with the evaluation and management of the child with speech delay. Disorders that may cause a delay in speech development; Epidemiology of speech delay; Etiology; Clinical evaluation and management.
- Omnibus of resources. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p68
No abstract available.
- A New Dimension in the Assessment of Speech Sound Discrimination. Goldman, Ronald; Fristoe, Macalyne W.; Woodcock, Richard W. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Aug/Sep1971, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p364
Discussed here is a newly developed test which allows the evaluation of speech sound discrimination ability while minimizing the influence of variables such as abstractness of materials or familiarity with the vocabulary and illustrations used. This new procedure represents more closely the type...
- Differential Diagnosis of Severe Speech Impairment in Young Children. Strand, Edythe A.; McCauley, Rebecca J. // ASHA Leader;8/12/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p10
This article discusses diagnostic tools for differentiating between the causes of different speech impairments. Strategies for understanding the relationship between cognitive, motor skill, and linguistic impairments in the development of speech disorders are described. The role of differential...
- Supplementation of a Successful Pediatric Neuro-oncology Telemedicine-Based Twinning Program by E-Mails. Ibrahim Qaddoumi; Eric Bouffet // Telemedicine & e-Health;Dec2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p975
AbstractThere is a growing gap between developing and developed countries in the availability of treatment for pediatric subspecialties. Twinning and telemedicine are effective ways to improve the quality of healthcare in developing countries. We evaluated the impact of e-mail exchanges on the...