EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF CERAMIC LINER FRACTURE
- Soy Reduces Bone Fracture Risk in Women. Ellman, Marc // Life Extension;Feb2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p13
This article signifies the benefits of regular consumption of soy foods. The article makes specific reference to a study conducted by researchers at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville and the Shanghai Cancer Institute in Shanghai, China. The relationship between soy food...
- BONY INJURIES IN TRAUMA PATIENTS DIAGNOSED BY RADIOLOGICAL EXAMINATION. AMPONSAH, G.; GORLEKU, P. N. // Ghana Medical Journal;Jun2015, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p97
Objective: This study was carried out to determine the incidence of bony injuries in trauma patients who had plain radiographs done at the Central Regional Hospital in Cape Coast. Design: This is a retrospective study based on plain radiographs taken by trauma patients who reported to the...
- Protein level may serve as predictor of severe osteoarthritis. // Medical Device Daily;8/6/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 150, Special section p1
The article discusses research on the use of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) as a strong predictor of hip and knee joint replacement due to severe osteoarthritis (OA). It references a study by Georg Schett et al published in the August 2009 issue of "Arthritis & Rheumatism." The...
- Etiology and Pathophysiology of Osteoarthritis. Mandelbaum, Bert; Waddell, David // Orthopedics;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 28, ps207
Acute or chronic insult, including normal wear and tear, age, obesity, and joint injury, may initiate an imbalance between matrix synthesis and matrix degradation in healthy cartilage that promotes chondral loss and prevents cartilage self-repair. The structure of healthy cartilage and the...
- OSTEOARTHRITIS (DEGENERATIVE JOINT DISEASE). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec60, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p88
Presents a general review of osteoarthritis. Incidence; Etiology and pathogenesis; Treatment.
- Etiological factors of temporomandibular joint disorders. Verma, Sanjeev K.; Maheshwari, Sandhya; Chaudhari, Prabhat Kumar // National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery;Jul2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p238
A A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "etiological factors of temporomandibular joint disorders"in July-Dececember issue.
- Genetic association analysis of LRCH1 as an osteoarthritis susceptibility locus. J. S. Sinsheimer // Rheumatology;Feb2007, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p250
Objective. A genetic association with knee osteoarthritis (OA) of a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in intron 1 of the LRCH1 gene was recently reported in a UK Caucasian case-control sample and confirmed in a Newfoundland Caucasian sample. Our objective was to assess whether the SNP was...
- Biomedical research?from numerators to denominators. Perry, Ivan J. // Nature Medicine;Aug99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p853
Focuses on the role of biomedical research in providing insights into disease causation. Limitations of clinical research in addressing the causes of diseases; Contribution of molecular biology in elucidating disease mechanisms.
- Trauma to the ear. De, Ranit; Reid, A. // Trauma;Jan2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
Trauma of the ear is a common presentation to the emergency room, and consists of a variety of pathologies encompassing simple trauma to the auricle at one end of the spectrum and extending to temporal bone fractures complicated by facial nerve palsy and leak of cerebrospinal fluid. This paper...