Bookfinder.com Ranks Most Requested Out-Of-Print Titles For 2006
- …AND THAT GOOGLE WILL "PERSONALLY" PUBLISH OUT-OF-PRINT BOOKS. // Media Industry Newsletter;9/28/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p2
The article reports on the plan of Google Inc. to buy the rights to out-of-print books and publish them. It is said that printing of these books will only take three minutes if requested by customers.
- How to succeed in publishing with nary a best-seller. Cohen, D. // Smithsonian;Jul87, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p83
This article describes Dover Publications Inc. which specializes in out-of-print titles, long-dead authors and game books. As founder and president Dover Publications Inc., Hayward Cirker catches inspiration for new titles by leafing through stacks of vintage Harper's and Puck magazines, dated...
- OUT-OF-PRINT ISSUES WANTED. Metz, Floyd; Metz, Patricia // Social Work;Oct71, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p100
Presents a letter to the editor requesting copies of certain out-of-print issues of the journal "Social Work."
- Resources: WEB WINNERS. // NEA Today;Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p45
Reviews several Web sites. Number of titles included in the bookfinder.com site; Key feature of the figurethis.org site; Mechanics of the financial education program for kids at fleetkids.com.
- Publisher Scorecards Hardcover Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p6
Features several publishers of books found in New York Times hardcover nonfiction list. Harpercollins company ruling the hardcover nonfiction list due to the six titles from Regan Books company imprint; Rank to the second place for Penguin Group USA Inc.; Random House company on the third position.
- Random House Titles Dominate Paperback Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;11/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p7
Provides an update on the ranking of companies based on the longevity of their titles in the U.S. paperback nonfiction list. Domination of Random House Inc. in the nonfiction category; Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the same category; Number of titles in the nonfiction list from other...
- Out-of-Print and Special Collections Materials: Acquisition and Purchasing Options/Guide to Out-of-Print Materials. Orcutt, Darby // Library Resources & Technical Services;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p147
The article reviews the book "Guide to Out-of-Print Materials," by Narda Tafuri, Anna Seaberg, and Gary Handman.
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.