Moody Publishers Up 10% in 2006 Behind Strong Backlist Sales
- E-Books. Gates, Bill // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p17
Discusses the advantages of electronic books (e-books) over paper books. Instant delivery of e-books from the Web bookshop; Synchronization of audio to the text; Links of e-books to additional content; Customization of e-books by adding notes, links and images; Decline in the cost of publishing.
- Kaplan & Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry and Study Guide and Self-Examination Review on CD-ROM. Merino, Jose G // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Feb2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p81
Reviews CD-ROM version of the books titled 'Kaplan & Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry' and 'Kaplan & Sadock's Study Guide and Self-Examination.'
- The year's best and other notes. Crawford, Walt // Database;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p74
Recommends several CD-ROM or electronic books for 1998. Compton's 3D World Atlas Deluxe 1998 Edition; Encarta Virtual Globe; American Heritage Talking Dictionary.
- Crawford's choices for the best CD-ROMs of 1998. // Database;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p78
Presents a list of recommended CD-ROM or electronic books for 1998. American Heritage Talking Dictionary; Chronicle Encyclopedia of History; Genius of Edison.
- The Illuminated Manuscript. Olson, Renee // School Library Journal;Nov98, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on some electronic books for students. `Rocket eBook'; `Walk Two Moons,' by Sharon Creech; Information provided by the books
- Raymond's Best Summer (Book). Culberg, Laura // School Library Journal;Dec90, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p86
Reviews the book "Raymond's Best Summer," by Jean Rogers.
- Celestron-The Early Years: A Guide to Vintage Celestron Telescopes. Di Cicco, Dennis // Sky & Telescope;Nov2004, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p106
Reviews the CD-ROM electronic book "Celestron -- The Early Years: A Guide to Vintage Celestron Telescopes."
- Multi Media Texturing Books on CD-ROM. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p80
The Sautex Textile Training company produces textile technical books on CD-ROM, which can be used either as a teaching aid or as a reference work for a particular topic. Each subject is comprehensively described and is aimed as being practical in nature as well as informative rather than being...
- Non-Destructive Testing. Halmshaw, R. // Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring;Nov2004, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p701
The article presents information on the second edition of the CD-ROM "Non-Destructive Testing." This edition was extensively revised to address recent advances in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) technology. It covers all major aspects of NDT with a clear, and practical approach. There is an...