Covenant Lifts Third World Press to 30% Sales Increase in 2006
- Publisher profits from gamble. Loerzel, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p26
The article focuses on the publishing of Tavis Smiley's book "The Covenant with Black America," Smiley came to Chicago, Illinois, in July 2005 for a meeting with Haki R. Madhubuti, president of Third World Press, after being turned down by two publishers. The book identifies problems facing the...
- Third World Press: 25 years fighting for empowerment. Reid, Calvin; Baker, John // Publishers Weekly;1/4/93, Vol. 240 Issue 1, p22
Pays tribute to Chicago's Third World Press, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this month as the nation's oldest continuously operating black-owned publishing enterprise. Revenues in the millions; How Third World Press is celebrating; Background on the press; Launched in 1967 by poet...
- The Covenant with Black America. Ford, Vernon // Booklist;7/1/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p12
Reviews the book â€œThe Covenant with Black America,â€ by Tavis Smiley.
- Third World Press Turns 35. Bass, Patrik Henry // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p122
Reports on the 35th anniversary of Third World Press in publishing works of Black authors in 2002. Origins of the publication company; Goal of Haki Madhubuti, founder of the company.
- Third World Press pushing its first-word agenda. GOODSON, DAVE // New York Amsterdam News;12/16/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 51, p9
The article highlights the effort of Third World Press Inc. to restructure and reposition itself to be competitive with mainstream publishing houses.
- Largest Private Cos. Here Saw Revenue Drop. Baird, Courtney // Orange County Business Journal;5/11/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on the decline in business and financial performance of the largest private companies in Orange County, California in 2008. As of May 11, 2009, information reveals that the county's 75 largest private companies had reflected a downturn of revenue in 2008 after five straight...
- Australia at play: BOOKS. Walker, Jacqui // BRW;4/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p58
Focuses on the financial performance of book market in Australia. Sales from year 2002 to 2003; Number of books sold during the year; Revenues accumulated from exporting books.
- The Covenant With Black America. Burroughs, Todd Steven // Black Issues Book Review;May/Jun2006, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p41
Reviews the book "The Covenant With Black America," introduction by Tavis Smiley.
- Faith Notes: News from the pulpit & pews. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;6/1/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 23, p34
The article presents information on the "Covenant With Black America" town hall meeting which was held at the historic Convent Avenue Babtist Church. Tavis Smiley discussed his book titled "The Covenant with Black America" at the meeting. According to Smiley, a strong community does not need a...