Events to cash out century
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Execs Fret Studios' VOD Foot-Dragging. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;03/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the discussion of prospects for long-term video-on-demand (VOD) agreements during the 2001 Paul Kagan Associates Inc. Video-on-Demand Summit. Content providers' inability to secure major Hollywood film titles; Need for studios to realize the revenue potential of pay per view.
- Hong Kong's pay TV reform hits bumps. Hansen, Jeremy // Daily Variety;11/01/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 43, p8
Reports on developments concerning pay television in Hong Kong, China. Percentage of the population catered to by the television service; Television companies that provide pay services; Impact of political events on the status of pay television in the country.
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- H.K. unveils pay TV victors. Tze Yee-lin // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/11/2000, Vol. 368 Issue 42, p43
Reports on the recipients of five subscription television licenses awarded by Hong Kong authorities in China. Hong Kong DTV Co. Ltd.; Galaxy Satellite Broadcasting Ltd.; Hong Kong Network TV Ltd.; Elsmdale Media; Pacific Digital Media Corp. Ltd.
- SVOD Nets Fret Over Consumer Confusion. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p56
Focuses on efforts of subscription video-on demand (SVOD) providers to satisfy needs of customers. Adoption of varied pricing and packaging models for SVOD; Provision of better customer care services to subscribers.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.