Lifestyle Is Good for Business
- New Balance to make Euro advertising debut. // Marketing Week;3/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p10
Announces that athletic brand New Balance is launching its first above-the line campaign across the U.S. and Europe. Tagline used in the campaign; Goal of the company to raise consumer awareness of its heritage as a running brand.
- New Balance Runs With Apparel. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/7/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 27, p19
Reports on footwear and activewear company New Balance's focus on its apparel segment. Reinvention of the brand's apparel; Ranking in a brand recognition survey; Plans to rely on freelancers and hire in-house designers; Objective to meet with retailers; Advertising campaigns.
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 30, p2
The article presents an update on the clothing and apparel industry. New Balance has acquired Brine Inc., a manufacturer of soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and volleyball apparel and equipment for women, men and children. Denim brand True Religion will open its first outlet store at the Desert...
- A More Natural Fit. Downey, Sean // Runner's World;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p78
The article presents a comparison of the greenest gear to wear on the run, including New Balance NBX Cocona Tee from New Balance, Sugoi Hans Jersey from Sugoi and Smartwool Synergy Sport Pants from Smartwool.
- Easy ECO! // People Style Watch;Feb2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p124
A list of various fashion accessories manufactured according to environmental standards is presented, including the "Scale Necklace" in vintage brass from Laura T. Lombardi, the eco-friendly razor from Schick, and two-tone sneakers from New Balance.
- In the Mix. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Jan2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p48
The article evaluates several base layers from different sports goods manufacturers including the Oscar Underlayer Top and Grouch Underlayer Bottoms from Quiksilver Inc., the Mid-Weight Ridge Crew and Pant from Dakine, and the Seamless Runner Top from New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc.
- News Briefs. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;11/26/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
This section offers news briefs concerning the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Dunham signed a license agreement with Sampco Inc. for the brand's work and industrial collection. Jordan Brand announced that it is recognizing close to 300 educators through its Jordan Fundamentals Grant...
- News Briefs. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;12/22/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p4
The article offers news briefs on the sporting goods industry. New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. and Louis Vuitton Malletier have settled a dispute over the design of New Balance's 574 model shoe and Louis Vuitton's Minstrel shoe. The second quarter revenues for the 2010 second fiscal quarter of...
- An Outside Perspective. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p20
An interview with Robert DeMartini, chief executive officer (CEO) of New Balance, is presented. When asked why he joined New Balance he responds that its track record and past successes made the job attractive to him. DeMartini comments on how having an outside perspective has helped the...