Refining the New Tech
- Spending Shift. Kerrigan, Andy // SGB;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p48
The article discusses the sale of hockey sticks and skates, stating that the decrease in the price of composite sticks may drive spending to a different equipment category. The article states that composite sticks that are priced around $100 are selling very well, and those priced around $200...
- On the Ice. Walker, Niki; Dann, Sarah // Hockey in Action;2000, p12
This article discusses the importance of skating in hockey. Skating is the first and most important skill hockey players learn. Being able to skate fast, change directions quickly, and stop almost instantly are skills involved in every play. Skating is a skill that may take you a while to learn....
- Stickhandling. Walker, Niki; Dann, Sarah // Hockey in Action;2000, p14
This article offers tips on stickhandling in hockey. Stickhandling the puck as you skate helps you keep it away from your opponents. To stickhandle, move the puck quickly from side to side or front to back as you skate. This action is also known as carrying the puck. When you move the puck...
- HOCKEY. Grant, Phoebe // Monkeyshines on America;May2000 Washington State Issue, p10
This article focuses on Ice Hockey. It is one of the fastest, roughest and most exciting games in the world. Shinning, the forerunner of hockey, was played with a "skinny stick" taken from the limb of an ash or oak tree. As this sport grew the name Shinning changed to Hockey. Settlers brought...
- NEVER SAY 'THAT WON'T WORK'. Mackey, Peter // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
The article presents information on an innovation done during the manufacture of a polyurethane (PU) product in Indonesia. The said product was a 2 meter * 1.5 meter * 1.5 meter rigid PU foam discontinuous blocks for the manufacture of building panels. The author's team, had gone with high...
- THE goods A dozen great ideas in gear. // Popular Science;Mar2011, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p22
The article offers brief information on several technology products including dongles by iTwin, the Easton Synergy EQ50 adjustable weight hockey stick by Easton Hockey, and the Samsung SH10D point-and-shoot camera with an Android application by Samsung.
- Biomechanics of Ice Hockey Slap Shots: Which Stick Is Best? Laliberte, David J. // Sport Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Cutting-edge technologies and space-age synthetics are dramatically recreating ice hockey sticks today. But how does current scholarship view these high-priced innovations, particularly during performance of the slap shot, hockey's most explosive maneuver? This literature review on both slap...
- GIZMO. // New Scientist;1/19/2008, Vol. 197 Issue 2639, p21
The article presents news briefs on two technological innovations. One involves a foam coating for shelves which would use electrical capacitance to sense the quantity of products resting on it. The other involves a means of turning billboards into motion-controlled video games.
- Technology enhances efficiency and safety of foam products. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;12/4/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p12
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s RapidRelease technology for processing foam products. Contact information.