IN THE MARKETS
- Spyder Opens China Production Office. // Apparel Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on a production representative office opened by Spyder Active Sports Inc. in Guangzhou, China to facilitate Spyder's sourcing and product strategies. The office is in a prime sourcing location because of its proximity to high quality manufacturing and convenient...
- Spyder Aims for New Peaks. Kissi, Dawn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/3/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 45, p15
Reports on the business plans of sportswear company Spyder Active Sports. Brand expansion plans by the company; Focus of the company of its high-end collections; Introduction of the Spyder Outdoor collection line.
- Spyder's Man: Active Firm Promotes Son of Founder. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 77, p24
This article reports on the promotion of Jake Jacobs to president and COO of Spyder Active Sports. Jake Jacobs, son of founder David Jacobs will continue the responsibilities he had as senior vice president of product and now will also oversee operations, production, development, sales and...
- U.S. ski team dons high-performance racewear. // Machine Design;9/24/93, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p19
Reveals that Spyder Active Sports Inc. has built a specialty foam into its shin pad skiwear. Operations of Spyder Active Sports Inc.; Features of the Volara foam; Features of the shin pads.
- Season's Vest. Crabtee, Krista // Ski;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p54
Features some winter vests, including the Core Insulator Vest from Spyder Inc.
- Ski master looks back. Graham, Sandy // Colorado Business Magazine;Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p44
Interviews Klaus Obermeyer, founder of Sport Obermeyer skiwear company, regarding his business. Innovations introduced by Obermeyer to skiwear; Information about Sport Obermeyer; Pressures to move the headquarters of the company from Aspen, Colorado; Driving factor of the company. INSET: Profile.
- A Matter of Style. Versteegen, Kris // SGB;Dec2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the impact that style has been having on the winter sports apparel industry. Because high-quality waterproof/breathable and windproof/breathable fabrics are now commonplace, style and fashion are becoming more of the focus than technical properties. General style trends in...
- The short circuit. Oliver, Peter; Olsson, Helen // Skiing;Feb98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p20
Presents baggy shorts designed by Spyder Active Sports for cold weather sports. Convenience of the apparel for skiing.
- Spyder's Web group. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/24/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 58, p20
Reports on Spyder Active Sports Inc.'s licensing deal with Lantis Eyewear Corp. for a collection of high-performance, sport-specific ski goggles, sunglasses and ophthalmic eyewear.