- Global Surfin' Safari: Quiksilver Rides Wave In Europe and Far East. Marsh, Emilie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/30/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 137, p1
Reports on the global expansion plans of Huntington Beach, California-based sportswear company Quicksilver according to company president Bernard Mariette. Details of the company's expansion plans in Europe, Poland and China; Market share of Quicksilver in the European surfwear market; Product...
- Quiksilver Steps Up Expansion in Launching Golf Line. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;01/15/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the plans of surfwear maker Quiksilver Inc. to launch a line of Fidra golf clothes in Hungtington Beach, California. Selection of John Ashworth as designer of Fidra; Business operation of the company; Association of the company with surf shops.
- 949 MEETS 909. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the crossover of surfing wear companies to the motocross sector. Common elements shared by motocross, surfing and skateboarding; Promotional activities through recognition of talent and personality of athletes; Von Zipper and Sole Technology Inc. as examples.
- Quicksilver Earnings Soar 112.8% in Qtr. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/11/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 50, p21
Reports on the earnings gained by activewear and sportswear company Quicksilver Inc. in Huntington Beach, California. Need of the firm to continue capitalizing on the popularity of surf-inspired fashion; Momentum of the brand in the department store channel; Bid of investors on the shares of...
- Quiksilver HQ a surfwear palace. Deemer, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;07/26/99, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p3
Describes the surfwear company Quicksilver's building in Huntington Beach, California. Architectural features of the building; Functions of the building's fashion show area; Bauer and Wiley Architects as the selected designers of the building.
- QUICK ON ITS FEET: QUICKSILVER REINVENTS ITSELF. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p34
Reports on the growth of sportswear maker and retailer Quicksilver Inc. of Huntington Beach, California. Financial performance for the period ended June 30, 2000; Expansion of the company's retail surf shop business.
- When the Rubber Hits the High Road: Labor and Community Complexities in the Greening of the Garden State. Fine, Janice // Labor Studies Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p122
This article is an exploration of challenges faced by building and construction trade unions as they seek to enter the green jobs sector through the lens of the Eastern Region of the Laborers Union. This article is also motivated by an interest in extending the literature on community unionism...
- Off the Field. R.F. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/4/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 114, p18
Reports on various marketing strategies employed by activewear companies. Partnerships between athletes and brands; Surfing events offered by Carve Designs; Partnership between Etnies and the city of Lake Forest, California to develop a skateboard park.
- BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR BOB McKNIGHT. Bellantino, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
Profiles CEO Bob McKnight of Quicksilver Inc. who was an honorable mention of the Business Journal's Businessperson of the Year in Huntington Beach, California. Contributions made to the increased sales of the company; Number of stores being opened and acquired by McKnight; Partnership with...