The Sports Authority Picks up 13 Stores in Copeland Liquidation
- Buyer Recalls 30 Years at Medic. Brookman, Faye // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 92, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Medic Drug by real estate restructuring firm Hilco in October 2005. Hilco sold some of the locations to Walgreen Co. Walgreen will continue to operate eight of the stores and the rest most likely will be shuttered, with prescription files transferred to...
- Hilco Selling A&P Store Leases. // Retail Traffic Exclusive Insight;2/22/2011, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the retail industry in the U.S. Hilco Real Estate LLC (HRE) is selected to the real estate advisor to the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. (A&P) in its restructuring. Holliday Fenoglio Fowler LP refinances a note sale on two different retail...
- Gart says financing for its TSA bid firm. Curan, Catherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/16/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p16
Reports that Gart Sports Co. has reaffirmed the necessary financing to back up its bid for the Sports Authority (TSA). Details on the merger deal; Performance of Gart's shares at the New York Stock Exchange on July 15, 1998.
- Sporting mega-deal: Woolworth merging with Sports Authority. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 88, p1
Reports on the merger agreement reached by Woolworth Corporation to acquire Sports Authority Incorporated. Terms of the agreement; How Woolworth will benefit from the agreement; Operating profit of Sports Authority in the retail field.
- Sporting goods battle heads downtown. Veverka, Mark // Crain's Chicago Business;4/4/94, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p3
Reports on Niles, Illinois-based sporting-goods dealer Sportmart Inc.'s strategy to acquire the assets of MC Sporting Goods along with leasing its La Salle and Ontario street site. Competition from Kmart Corp.'s Sports Authority; Growth of Sportmart chain in Illinois, Minnesota and Pacific...
- News in brief: mergers and acquisitions. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p6
Presents news concerning mergers and acquisitions as of February 2003. Joint venture between ADB Systems International Ltd. and GE Commercial Equipment Financing; Acquisition by API Electronics Inc. of TM Systems Inc.; Acquisition by Pitney Bowes of Mailcode Inc.
- COMMENT: STRUCTURING NEGOTIATING INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURES: ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE FROM A LARGE LAW FIRM PRACTICE. Kapur, Sanjiv R. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p937
Focuses on the structuring and negotiation of international joint ventures. Comparison of mergers and acquisitions with joint ventures; Equity joint ventures or contractual joint ventures; Business and legal issues.
- Tying a knot? Stewart-Allen, Allyson // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the importance of unilateral objectives between potential joint venture partners. Profits, contracts, staffing, and control objectives.
- NEWS DIGEST. // Rubber & Plastics News;2/11/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p4
Reports developments on rubber and plastics industries in the U.S. as of February 2002. Acquisition of ITR S.p.A. by Parker Hannifin Corp.; Distribution of hydrocarbon resins of Neville Chemical Co. by D.N. Lukens Inc.; Joint venture between Hernon Manufacturing Inc. and Inchem Holdings.