The SGMA Spring Market Aims to Reconnect the Industry
- SGMA Takes First Step With Vegas Show. // SGB;Jul2007, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) Spring Market, held in Las Vegas, Nevada in June 2007. The event marked the return of an industry-wide sporting goods trade show. Attendees included active wear and footwear brands and sporting goods retailers. SGMA...
- The Argument for Another Look. Hartford, James // SGB;Jul2007, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association Spring Market, held in Las Vegas, Nevada in June 2007. The event, which featured floor exhibits and presentations, followed a different format than in previous years, and was a central meeting point for those in the sporting...
- Dark cloud hangs over Super Show as industry braces for tough year. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;2/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the troubling issues faced by the sporting goods industry in 2000. Impact of the Super Show of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on retailers and consumers; Impact of the year 2000 being an Olympic year with summer games to be held in Australia on the sale of sporting...
- Super show still offers excitement. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;3/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the sporting goods and products which were presented at the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's annual 2000 Super Show. Seal Mask swim goggles from US Divers; Potential profits for team sports dealers; Performance in the basketball category.
- SGMA's New Format Rejuvenates Show. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;6/18/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p14
The article discusses the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's trade show, SGMA Spring Market, which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, from June 11-13 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center. The article reports that some of the footwear and apparel vendors at the trade show included Under...
- SGMA Spring Market Launches This Month. // SGB;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p16
This article presents an interview with the president of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA), Tom Cove. When asked how the SGMA, Spring Market will target general sporting goods retailers Cove responds that the event is aimed at the small retailer. When asked about the challenges...
- Shoes set product pace. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p38
States that a slew of new shoes and other products were shown at the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association Super Show in Atlanta, earlier this month. Keds is adding a line of men's shoes and updating its Classic sport shoes; Puma; Head Sports;Converse; New products in food, personal care and...
- The Super Show. // American Fitness;Jan1992, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p12
Announces The Super Show is coming to Atlanta, Georgia, February 1-4, 1992. World's largest fitness industry trade show; Sponsored by Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association; 800 phone number for more information.
- At the Super Show: Women's impact big, but lots more to do. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/20/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the 1997 Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association Super Show held at the Georgia World Congress Center. Attendance; Growth of women's apparel business; Marketing deal of Nike with the Women's National Basketball Association; Features of display booth of manufacturers; Sales expectations.