Dick's Sporting Goods Acquires Golf Galaxy
- Dick's Buys Golf Chain. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;11/20/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p8
The article reports on Dick's Sporting Goods' acquisition of Golf Galaxy. Dick's will pay approximately $225 million for Golf Galaxy, a publicly owned golf specialty chain of 61 stores in 24 states, which is based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The merger transaction is expected to be completed no...
- Thomson Financial Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/20/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p6
The article presents a summary of worldwide mergers and acquisitions. Genentech Inc. planned to acquire all the outstanding common stock of biotechnology company Tanox Inc. Dicks Sporting Goods agreed to acquire all the outstanding common stock of golf specialty retail stores owner and operator...
- "Anemic" quarter for deals. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Mar2007, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information about three mergers and acquisitions deals involving multichannel merchants in the last quarter of 2006. Cataloger/retailer Golf Galaxy will be acquired by Dick's Sporting Goods for $18.82 a share. Lab Safety Supply will buy direct marketer of building inspection...
- Golf comps weigh on Dick's Q1. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/20/2015, pA02
The article reports on the rise in same-store sales of retail company, Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. and Golf Galaxy, provider of golf equipment and apparel.
- Dick's Sporting Goods rettet JJB Sports. Bartholomew, Fiona // Textilwirtschaft;4/12/2012, Issue 15, p38
The article reports for the German fashion, textile, and clothing industry that Us fashion firm Dick's Sporting Goods has invested in British firm JJB Sports to take effective control of it.
- Golf bobbles Dick's comps. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/19/2014, pA02
The sporting goods store's Q3 EPS rose 2.5% to 41 cents and sales climbed 9% to $1.5 bil, both in line with views. Same-store sales were up 1.1% but comps were down 8.9% at its Golf Galaxy stores.
- Sports Chains Score With Mergers. Niemi, Wayne; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;6/28/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the effect of the takeover proposed by Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. to Galyan's Trading Co. Inc. on consolidations in the sporting goods industry. Remarks from Jim Duffy, an analyst at San Francisco, California-based Thomas Weisel Partners on the acquisition; Overview of the...
- Ashley makes home in former Galyan's stores. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p5
Reports that Ashley Furniture HomeStores will be occupying two former Galyan's Trading Co. Inc. stores in Carmel, Indiana. Sporting-goods stores closing as a result of Galyan's acquisition of Dick's Sporting Goods; Store leased by Galyan's at Plainfield's Metropolis; Clearing of Galyan's former...
- Dick's Gobbles Galyan's. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Galyan's Trading Co. by Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2004. Number of stores owned by Dick's after the acquisition; Implication of the deal for the presence of Dick's in the U.S.; Value of the transaction. INSET: Kerbis Resigns From TSA.