Nurse education: Is it responding to the forces of supply and demand?
- Student nurses being left in charge of some wards. // British Journal of Nursing;5/8/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p526
Reveals that student nurses are being left in sole charge of patients, according to a study commissioned by the Royal College of Nursing. Data showing that one-third of students have been left in charge of patients in the absence of registered nurses and doctors, despite the obvious risks to...
- Rethinking student night duty placements. McKenna, Lisa; French, Jill // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Dec2009-Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p27
The article discusses the research which looks into the experiences and value of night duty placements for undergraduate nursing students in Australia. It reveals that night duty placements offer opportunities for consolidation of skills and the enhancement of understanding regarding nursing...
- Student Exemplars. Laracy, Kay // Whitireia Nursing Journal;2005, Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the exemplars of student reflections which provides anecdotal evidence that reflections enable the nursing students to consider and alter their practice to enhance client's experience in New Zealand. The exemplars serves as a tool for students to demonstrate their...
- WORD PERFECT. Windsor, Sam // Nursing Standard;11/16/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p72
Comments on the issues surrounding the nursing practice in Great Britain. Remarks on the training for nursing students; Accounts on the significance of clinical governance; Difficulty of understanding the meanings of numerous abbreviations in clinical practice.
- TRANSITIONS IN NURSING 3RD EDITON. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p35
The article reviews the book "Transitions in Nursing," 3rd edition by Esther Chang and John Daly.
- Another way of doing things. Harmer, Rebecca // Nursing Children & Young People;Nov2011, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's elective placement experience in a public hospital in Nepal.
- Setback for the NHS. Meehan, Fiona // Journal of Community Nursing;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
Comments on the state of the nursing profession in Great Britain as of May 2006. Reason behind the efforts of universities to reduce the number of places for nursing students; Challenge facing post registration students; Impact of low pay and freeze recruitment for both students and qualified...
- Three Ethics I Learnt as a Nursing Freshman. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Feb2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p27
No abstract available.
- LEND AN EAR WITH CARE. Rebair, Annessa // Nursing Standard;11/7/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p64
Students can enhance their patients' experience by developing listening skills, writes Annessa Rebair.