Nurse education: Is it responding to the forces of supply and demand?
- Student nurses being left in charge of some wards. // British Journal of Nursing (BJN);5/8/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p526
Reveals that student nurses are being left in sole charge of patients, according to a study commissioned by the Royal College of Nursing. Data showing that one-third of students have been left in charge of patients in the absence of registered nurses and doctors, despite the obvious risks to...
- Rethinking student night duty placements. McKenna, Lisa; French, Jill // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Dec2009-Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p27
The article discusses the research which looks into the experiences and value of night duty placements for undergraduate nursing students in Australia. It reveals that night duty placements offer opportunities for consolidation of skills and the enhancement of understanding regarding nursing...
- Another way of doing things. Harmer, Rebecca // Nursing Children & Young People;Nov2011, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's elective placement experience in a public hospital in Nepal.
- LEND AN EAR WITH CARE. Rebair, Annessa // Nursing Standard;11/7/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p64
Students can enhance their patients' experience by developing listening skills, writes Annessa Rebair.
- WORD PERFECT. Windsor, Sam // Nursing Standard;11/16/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p72
Comments on the issues surrounding the nursing practice in Great Britain. Remarks on the training for nursing students; Accounts on the significance of clinical governance; Difficulty of understanding the meanings of numerous abbreviations in clinical practice.
- TRANSITIONS IN NURSING 3RD EDITON. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p35
The article reviews the book "Transitions in Nursing," 3rd edition by Esther Chang and John Daly.
- Student Exemplars. Laracy, Kay // Whitireia Nursing Journal;2005, Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the exemplars of student reflections which provides anecdotal evidence that reflections enable the nursing students to consider and alter their practice to enhance client's experience in New Zealand. The exemplars serves as a tool for students to demonstrate their...
- Message from the FNSA President. Schaper, Joni // Florida Nurse;Sep2006, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on issues and topics related to nursing students belonging to the Florida Nursing Students Association (FNSA). The FNSA benefits from the symbiotic relationship with the Florida Nurses Association (FNA). The two organizations share meeting venues, members share experiences...
- Exploring students' experience of training for counselling skills and the impact on practice. Johnston, Bridget; Smith, Val // International Journal of Palliative Nursing;Aug2005, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p410
Aim The aim of this study was to explore participants' experience of an accredited counselling skills course and their perception of its impact on practice. Design A qualitative design was used utilizing a mixed-method approach. Data were collected using semistructured interviews and the...