- Managed Expectations. Poulin, Thomas E. // Fire Chief;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the need of a firefighter to learn about leadership and management for a transition in the U.S. It is stated that the transition from firefighter to officer can be a difficult one. The firefighters can train in-house or through public and private sources. Firefighters can...
- Retool training to turn officers into leaders. Linstrom, John // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/17/2013, p7
The article discusses focus areas to retool a fire-officer development program in a fire and rescue department in the U.S. It stresses that firefighters should be given opportunities to develop additional skills as part of a greater succession plan as they learn their job and begin to excel. It...
- Shift Briefing: Key to Productivity. Neal, Daniel J. // Fire Engineering;Jul2008, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p81
The article emphasizes the importance of shift briefing, a formal meeting to organize fire fighting operations at the beginning of a shift. It discusses the wide array of information that should be communicated to the fire fighters on shift. The article suggests that communication is an...
- Learning to become a born leader. Staley, Michael F. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p95
Focuses on strategies for firefighters to train themselves to have leadership qualities. Theories on leadership applicable for fire fighters; Qualities of a good leader include credibility, ability to deal with crises and people skills.
- AMATEURS IN CHARGE OF PROFESSIONALS. Angione, Charles R. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p117
Comments on the impact of the proposed consolidation of fire and police services on the leadership of professional firefighters in Texas. Design of the fire safety patrols; Remarks on the jobs of fire personnel; Leadership skills of a fire chief.
- Firefighters warn of climate risk. Adair, Kieran // Green Left Weekly;2/17/2010, Issue 826, p3
The article reports on the warning of the firefighters on the implications of the lack of national and global action on climate change in Australia.
- MANAGEMENT CONSULTING Conference Symposia Abstracts. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, p1
This section presents several conference symposia abstracts on management consulting. The symposium Initiating and Supporting Change in Times of Change will address these issues of change from different angles, from different perspectives and in different industries as well as different national...
- Could One Transformational Leader Convert the Organization From Knowledge Based Into Learning Organization, Then Into Innovation? Soliman, Fawzy // Journal of Modern Accounting & Auditing;Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1352
This paper examines the role of transformational leadership in transforming an organization into a knowledge based, then into learning organization so that it becomes an innovative company. Important features of the leader such and ability to assist in developing and accommodating the...
- LEADERSHIP FOCUSING ON COMMUNICATION IN A POSTMODERN CONTEXT. // Journal of the Academy of Business & Economics;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p112
No abstract available.