- ENGINE AND TRUCK INITIAL ACTIONS AT A HAZ-MAT RESPONSE. Brennan, Christopher // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p119
Discusses fire engine and truck companies' initial actions at a hazardous material response. Isolation of the incident in the early stages; Use of binoculars and the "North American Emergency Response Guidebook" to identify the product or products involved; Process of notification; Establishment...
- Tent-Side Manner. East, Philip // Fire Chief;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p82
Discusses the one ladder company method for mass decontamination. Capability to eliminate 70-80% of the contaminant material in the victim's body; Implications for fire fighting; Factors that should be considered in decontaminating.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the delivery of three truck engines to fire departments in the United States. An 180-foot rescue truck from Marion Body Works was delivered to the DeWitt Fire Department. A heavy-duty aerial ladder from Smeal Fire Apparatus was delivered to the Hazelwood Fire Department. A...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p98
The article reports on deliveries of firefighting equipment to fire departments across the United States. A Pierce Dash aerial platform was delivered to the Normal Fire Department in Illinois. A Renegade CAV firefighting vehicle was delivered by Crash Rescue Equipment Service to the Grand Canyon...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p112
Features some of the trucks and equipment being used by various fire departments in the United States. KME Aerialcat acquired by the Athens-Clarke County Fire Department in Georgia; SEA-GRAVE aerial ladder truck by the Old Forge Fire Department in Pennsylvania; Application of the PIERCE quint...
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Zalesiak, Dave; Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p223
The article describes several golf cart-type fire vehicles introduced by fire departments in the U.S. In August 1998, Skokie Fire Department built its modified golf-cart as a fire prevention vehicle which appeared as an old steam fire engine. Virginia Beach Fire Department also introduced its...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p120
The article previews several fire trucks, including the KME pumper of the Fairview Park Fire Department of Ohio and the Seagrave pumper/tanker and the Fouts Bros. light rescue truck of Varick Fire Department of New York.
- FRI 2005 in Denver. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the 2004 Fire Rescue International (FRI), a show of trucks, equipment and tools used in fire stations held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Schedule and venue of FRI 2005.