- Learning Curve. Pindelski, Jeffrey // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the factors to be considered by instructors when training fire fighters so that they acquire the skills necessary to have confidence and achieve precision when working under emergency situations. Training instructors should consider should consider how fire fighters learn...
- The Science Behind Fire. // Curriculum Review;Mar2008, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p10
A description of the course The Chemistry of Fire being offered by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and the Discovery Education company to high school students throughout the U.S. is provided.
- TOP-DOWN TRAINING. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p30
Reports on fire chiefs and chief officers' training in the Command Training Center (CTC) of the Phoenix Fire Department in Arizona. CTC training programs for command officers; Components of the training programs; Simulation methods used in training.
- Responder Safety on the Roadways. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p16
A description of the train-the-trainer course on roadway safety for emergency responders conducted in 2008 and jointly sponsored by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Mdewakanton Fire Department in Minnesota is presented.
- Online classes on protecting wildland/urban interface. // Fire Engineering;Jul2007, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p54
A description of the fire prevention course "Assessing Wildfire Hazards in the Home Ignition Zone" that is offered online is presented.
- Firefighters get to grips with farm and other animals. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;5/11/2013, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p493
The article reports on the training course at the Harper Adams University which aims to develop the skills of firefighters in dealing with animals in emergency situations.
- Bespoke Courses. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 15, p8
The article reports on the training services offered by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) to fit particular training needs in Great Britain. The FPA training staff is prepared to travel to introduce the courses to clients. FPA has access to regional training centers throughout Great Britain....
- Realistic Vent-Enter-Search Training. JOHNSON, CHRISTOPHER S. // Fire Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p18
The article presents information on a vent-enter-search (VES) tactical training conducted by members of the Concord Fire Department's Battalion 2 in New Hampshire. According to the article, a two-story, wood-frame, single-family house has been used for this training. It says that prior to...
- Hennepin Technical College Fire Protection Program Breaks New Ground. Seitz, Todd // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p54
The article provides information on the fire protection program at Hennepin Technical College (HTC) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. HTC has completed self-study requirements and undergone visits by representatives of the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), as part of the...