- TOP-DOWN TRAINING. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p30
Reports on fire chiefs and chief officers' training in the Command Training Center (CTC) of the Phoenix Fire Department in Arizona. CTC training programs for command officers; Components of the training programs; Simulation methods used in training.
- CRITICAL REALISM. Jaquet, G. Jake // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p46
The article reports that the Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) gives emphasis on training structures that enable rigorous and realistic training. The bottom line with all the training classes they run is safety, be it live-fire training or rope training or the use of tools or whatever. But...
- Bespoke Courses. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 15, p8
The article reports on the training services offered by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) to fit particular training needs in Great Britain. The FPA training staff is prepared to travel to introduce the courses to clients. FPA has access to regional training centers throughout Great Britain....
- Burning Impression. Wright, Mark // Journal of Property Management;nov/dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p33
The article discusses the author's experience during a fire drill training at the Houston Fire Academy in Texas. He followed a fire chief down into the basement of the burning building, which is a concrete and brick structure. He wore a 50 pounds gear during the drill. He was relieved when the...
- Brayton Field often booked as much as 10 years in advance. // Industrial Fire World;Winter2017, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on the training classes conducted by Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) and mentions the operation of the Brayton Fire Training Field (BFTF) in College Station, Texas.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Snow, Brett; Cullinan, James (Jay) // Fire Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p44
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including a call on making burn tower training realistic and a comparison of the value of a formal education and the experience gained by years on the job.
- Instructional Demonstrations. GLOSSER, KURT // Fire Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p20
The article suggests a method to apply when training colleagues and new recruits in the fire service. According to the author, there are two ways on how our brain processes knowledge, one is called declarative knowledge which allows one to name, explain and talk about matters and the other is...
- Developing lesson plans, part 3: Creating the lesson plan. Flannery, Timothy J. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p16
Outlines the procedures that could be used in developing the lesson plan for firemen in the United States. Definition of firemen's lesson plan; Four-step method of instruction being used by the National Fire Academy; Approaches employed during the preparation step; Components of the application...
- Wildfire academy Feb. 13-17. // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p8A
The article offers information on the Central Texas Wildfire Academy for firefighters to be held at the Camp Bowie, Texas from February 13-17, 2014, which offers classes in squad boss, ignition operation and tanker shuttle courses.