All Due Respect
- Gallatin to Hire 15 New Firefighters with Grant Award. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/23/2011, p1
The article reports that Gallatin, Tennessee Fire Department received a Staffing for Adequate Fire & Emergency Response (SAFER) grant the department to pay benefits and salary of 15 new firefighters for two years.
- Money Can't Solve All of Fire Service's Problems. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p26
The article focuses on the rising cost of providing fire protection services and the level of service desired by the community. Due to the rising cost of providing fire protection services, it has been important for fire chiefs to acquire financial planning skills. It is also significant to...
- Fair Labor Standards Act: `White-collar' exemptions as... Clark, Randy K. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p107
Discusses how fire service managers can comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). How to develop a plan for FLSA compliance; Information about the administrative/executive exemption; Problems that arise in applying the salary test to fire departments.
- ESD 1 approves pay guidelines. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/1/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p5
The article offers information on the regular meeting of the Hill County Emergency Services District (ESD) 1 in Texas that was held on September 18, 2014 to address of how fire department members will be paid for the 2014-2015 year.
- ESD 1 discusses new VFD payment system. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/27/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the new voluntary fire department (VFD) payment system wherein member FD will be compensated according to the number of calls answered.
- IAFC Releases FLSA Guide for Volunteers. // Fire Chief;Jan2007, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information about the guide "Managing Volunteer Firefighters for FLSA Compliance," released by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Accordingly, the publication is intended to settle the conflicting interpretations about how to implement Fair Labor Standards Act...
- Strategies to Advance Safety and Health in the Minnesota Fire Service. Kline, Richard C. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on various fire-fighter safety initiatives implemented and planned by fire services in the U.S. The U.S. Navy developed the Human Factor Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) to analyze near-miss events. Information sharing is adopted by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs...
- FDNY seeking more minorities and women. Malcolm, Noreen // New York Amsterdam News;9/21/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 39, p15
The article informs that the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) is looking for Blacks, Latinos and women to join its workforce. Employees of FDNY will have the opportunity to earn a good salary and benefits. The next firefighter exam has been scheduled for January 20, 2007. The applicant must be...
- Combined service pensions for volunteer firefighters. Otto, Rebecca // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on the concept of combined service pensions for members working in the fire department as volunteer fire fighters in the U.S. Topics discussed include the requirements and method of calculation of the combined service pension and sample cases describing the application of the...