- Friend in Deed. // Fire Chief;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p96
Interviews U.S.-based Fire Equipment Manufacturers and Services Association president Jerry Halpin. Things that fire chiefs should know about the association; Need to have a dialogue between fire chiefs or officers and fire equipment manufacturer; Response of the FEMSA to U.S. Fire...
- PREPARING FOR THE WORST. O'Hare, Kevin // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
The article offers tips for businesses on how to make an effective emergency response. An effective emergency response starts with a thorough and far-reaching risk assessment to accommodate new threats and changing circumstances. It is also important to have a secure, properly conceived and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p150
The article offers information on several fire equipment used in different fire stations in the U.S. It states that the Oxford Fire Engineered Monitoring System (EMS) Department has replaced its pumper with the Smeal quint truck. It says that E.J. Metals are used at the Coalinga Fire Department,...
- Introduction to this Special Issue. Dlugogorski, Bogdan; Kennedy, Eric; Gann, Richard // Fire Technology;Jul2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p547
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss fire suppression technology.
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Detection. Olenick, Stephen // Fire Technology;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p677
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the detection of fires in tunnels and the assessment of existing detection devices for tunnels, one on the efficacy of installed fire protection detection and sensing devices in helping firefighters, and one...
- Spread too thin. Reilly, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/9/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 40, p1A
The article reports on the lack of available fire fighting resources among various fire departments in Hays County, Texas.
- Fire and Rain. Dawson, Dudley // Yachting;Mar2013, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the different firefighting and bilge-pumping systems that may help an individual during a disaster.
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p4
Features several apparatus and components for firefighting and fire prevention in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p6
Features several firefighting tools and equipment in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.