- Virginia Beach's Chief Gregory Cade nominated to head USFA. // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the promotion of Virginia Beach, Virginia Fire Chief Gregory B. Cade by U.S. President George W. Bush to the appointed position of head of the U.S. Fire Administration within the Department of Homeland Security. The promotion must be confirmed by the Senate. Information on...
- Remarks to Off-Duty Firefighters and Volunteers in El Cajon, California. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 45, p1538
Presents the remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush to off-duty firefighters and volunteers in El Cajon, California on November 4, 2003. Appreciation made towards firefighters and volunteers; Message for Californians to want to help their communities.
- Biographies of U.S. Presidents: GEORGE WALKER BUSH (2001-). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p589
The article profiles 43rd U.S. President George W. Bush (2001-), Republican, who was born on July 6, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut. He was the first of six children born to George Herbert Walker Bush and his wife, the former Barbara Pierce, a descendant of President Franklin Pierce....
- Executive Order 13318-- Presidential Management Fellows Program. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p1669
Presents information on the issuance of the Executive Order 13318 by U.S. President George W. Bush about the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program on November 21, 2003. Purpose of the program; Criteria for individuals eligible for appointment as a Presidential Management Fellow; Rules...
- Bush triumphant over health care. Garza, Xazmin // Las Vegas Business Press;12/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the November 2003 visit of U.S. President George W. Bush to Las Vegas, Nevada. Speech by Bush before medical care industry representatives; Background on the Medicare reforms proposed by Bush; Legislation approved by the U.S. Congress seeking to provide prescription benefits for seniors.
- 84 percent say...go Bush. Thompson, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;2/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p38
Discusses public support to U.S. president George W. Bush and his policies. Public approval of his wartime leadership; Ratings to Bush's handling of economy; Approval ratings on the environment and Social Security; Threats to Bush's popularity.
- An index of leading Bush indicators. Carpenter, Dale // Bay Area Reporter;1/25/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
Discusses indicators of the performance of U.S. President George W. Bush. Executive orders; Administration appointments; Military policy.
- The President? Go Figure. Carter, Graydon // Vanity Fair;Dec2003, Issue 520, p58
Presents various statistics that serve to illustrate and evaluate the performance of U.S. President George W. Bush as of December 2003. Achievements in armed forces department; Military relations with other countries; Fiscal management; Relationship with the mass media; Public lands opened to...
- Proclamation 7713--Fire Prevention Week, 2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/13/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p1327
Presents a proclamation issued by U.S. President George W. Bush designating October 5-11, 2003 as Fire Prevention Week. Number of fire accidents that hit the U.S. each year; Percentage of U.S. homes which are equipped with smoke alarms; Role of firefighters and first responders in public safety.