20 YEARS AGO
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
Details the Iran Oil Ministry's strategic plan for the petrochemicals sector. Potential to increase national capacity; Foreign financing for projects; Negotiations with companies to set up joint ventures in fertilizer or plastics plant; Value of Iran's petrochemicals imports.
- EGYPT. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the positive response received from prospective investors and suppliers by the promoters of a scheme to set up a styrene and polystyrene plant in Alexandria, Egypt. Expected production capacity of the plant; Major investors in the project.
- Petrochemicals. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the petroleum chemicals industry in Qatar as of March 2000. Near completion of a detailed study on a toluene di-isocyanate project; Qatar General Petroleum Corp. and Elf Atochem's propane dehydrogenation/ polypropylene project.
- Poland plans worldscale complex. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p26
Focuses on the plans by the Polish chamber of chemical industry for a domestic worldscale petrochemical complex by 2010. Capability of the plant; Actions taken by Wojciech Lubiewa-Wielezynski, director general of the chamber of chemical industry.
- PLASTICS INVESTMENT STAYS BUOYANT IN TAIWAN. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the petrochemical industry in Taiwan as of February 6, 2002. Planned construction of Formosa Idemistu Petrochemical's polycarbonate plant at Mailiao; Production capacity of the polybutylene terephthalate plant of Chang-Chun Petrochemical slated for May or June 2002 startup; Amount...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 14, p10
The article reports two 5-minute news which includes the plan of the authorities in Kazakhstan to build a petrochemical hub in Atyrau, Kazakstan despite of numerous delays and the plans of China's Qinghai Salt Lake Haina Chemical to build three chemical plants in 2012.
- Rio complex gets the go-ahead. // Chemical Week;8/16/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p5
Reports that Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso has approved the petrochemicals complex in Rio de Janeiro. Expansion of Petrobras' Reduc refinery at Duque de Caxias; Construction of an ethylene plant and plastics plants.
- Tripoli signs MoU to develop pets potential. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/17/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the decision of Yara Co. to sign a memorandum of understanding with Tripoli for the upgrade and expansion of urea and ammonia plants at the Marsa el-Brega fertiliser complex in Libya in 2004. Impact of the contract signing on the petroleum chemical industry in the area; Information...
- Delay for Borouge advisory award. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/18/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p38
Reports on the extension of a tendering process by Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. for its financial advisory mandate on the expansion of the Ruwais petrochemical complex in the United Arab Emirates in January 2005. Number of bidders for the project; Reasons behind the delay of the process; Background...