CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- WHAT'S ON. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p34
The article features tools, services and events related to the petrochemical industry as of May 2006. The 4th International Chemical Information Service (ICIS) Phenol/Acetone Conference will be held on June 6 to 7, 2006 at the Marriott Hotel in Prague, Czech Republic. A petrochemicals beginner's...
- Acetone is tight in US, Europe as production troubles continue. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/97, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p11
Reports on the tightening of the petrochemical industry's acetone market as a result of strong worldwide demand and plant problems in Europe and the United States. Growth areas for the market; Plans of various producers to increase their outputs.
- Smooth Progress of the 120 000 t/a Phenol/Acetone Project in Harbin. // China Chemical Reporter;10/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p13
Reports on the construction of a phenol/acetone project in Harbin Petrochemical Co. Ltd. of Chem China. Progress of the construction project; Features of the phenol/acetone technology from Sunoco/UOP used in the project; Target completion date for the project.
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p106
Presents update on the international chemicals market as of March 2000. Market share of China in the global polystyrene market; Price increases for phenol and acetone in Europe; Profitability of the petrochemical industry in the fourth quarter of 1999.
- Phenol prices facing Far East hurdle. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;02/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p3
Reports on a price increase in phenol despite a poor overall financial performance of the petroleum chemicals industry in the United States. Posting of a three cent rise in phenol prices from 41 to 43 cents per pound to 43 to 45 cents per pound; Speculation of a price decline due to the Asian...
- Phenol market stays tight this year but buyers await capacity onslaught. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;06/23/97, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the impact of outages on petrochemical industry's phenol segment throughout the second quarter of 1997. Tight supply; Producers' efforts to keep future market share; Buyers' anticipation of a series of investments planned through year 2000; Strong demand; Temporary feedstock cumene...
- End-use demand drives phenol expansions. Walsh, Kerri A.; Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;11/6/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 43, p46
Reports on worldwide capacity expansions in the petrochemical industry due to increasing end-use phenol supply and demand. Projected increase in global capacity of phenol by the year 2000; Companies with planned expansions; End-use markets for phenols.
- NPRA Attendance Down on War and Health Fears. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/7/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 14, p2
Focuses on the International Petrochemical Conference (IPC), sponsored by the National Petroleum Refiners Association (NPRA), in San Antonio, Texas. Reasons for the decline in attendance; Key industry issues of concern to participants.
- Recovery Is in Sight for Global Petrochemicals Market. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;4/7/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 14, p7
Focuses on the World Petrochemical Conference about the recovery of the petrochemicals industry, sponsored by Chemical Market Associates Inc. (CMAI) in Houston, Texas. Dominant issues facing the industry, according to Gary Adams, president of CMAI; Average Arab Gulf ethylene production capacity...