Fibres fall ahead of year-end
- Capro rises $50-100. // Asian Chemical News;7/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 407, p22
Presents an update on the prices of various chemicals as of July 7 2003. Caprolactam; acrylonitrile; Purified terephthalic acid.
- Bid for capro Q4 hikes. // Asian Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 419, p38
Presents information on prices of chemicals in Asia as of October 2003. Increases proposed by producers of caprolactam; September contracts of major producers of acrylonitrile; Prices of monoethylene glycol; Spot and contract offers for purified terephthalic acid.
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- Producers seek better margins. // European Chemical News;9/15/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2068, p14
Looks at the contract and spot prices for fibre intermediates in Europe as of September 15, 2003. Dimethyl terephthalate; p-terephthalic acid; Acrylonitrile.
- PURIFIED TEREPHTHALIC ACID. // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p60
The article reports that European purchasers of purified terephthalic acid face the prospect of significant price increases. Purified terephthalic acid is mainly used in the production of polyester. Contracts in March 2008 settled at Â£797-824/tonne for free delivered northwest Europe, a...
- Capro bounces back. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p30
Deals with the move being made by Asian chemical producers to hike contract offers for February 2005. Decline in contract targets for acrylonitrile; Increase in contact settlements for monoethylene glycol in January; Increase in contract settlements for purified terephthalic acid in November 2004.
- PTA/MEG hikes push producers to up operating rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the decision of Asian purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) producers to increase its operating rates in both products. Price increase of spot PTA; Percentage increase of the PTA operating rate of Samsung Petrochemical; Information on the MEG production of...
- Snug acetic acid hits high. Lee, Helen; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p25
The article focuses on prices of spot acetic acid in Asia, which have reached a one year high. Some sellers claim that prices are being held up by tightness, robust demand from new downstream purified terephthalic acid (PTA) capacities in China and pent up cost pressure from elevated methanol...
- ICIS improves contact with its Chinese customer base. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p59
The article reports on the use of ICIS pricing's weekly purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) price assessments in the global market as a benchmark for settling transaction prices. With the price volatility in the market, the Fibre Intermediates (China) report will...