Business as usual in steady markets
- Prices waver during inactive week. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p38
The article presents updates on market trends in the chemical industry. Markets are flat, with trades few and far between. A weakening energy complex sees aromatics prices falter, while olefins availability may soon be hit by outages. Open-spec naphtha spot cargoes are in a $538-542/ton CIF NWE...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;11/3/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p35
The article reports on spot prices of chemicals in the U.S. and Europe for the last week of October 2008. Spot naphtha prices in Europe continued to slide, losing $60/million ton (m.t.) with spot olefins down as well. Spot aromatics prices on the U.S. Gulf Coast were quiet relative to the sharp...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p39
Presents an update on the prices of chemical products in the U.S. and Europe as of January 2005. Impact of cracker outages on the olefins market; Increase in butadiene contract prices; Reasons behind the price increase of U.S. aromatic compounds.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p30
Presents an update on the prices of chemicals in the U.S. and European market as of June 2005. Reasons behind the stability of U.S. olefins spot prices; Increase in prices of aromatics in the U.S.; Decline in contract prices of European benzene.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;3/10/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 8, p32
The article presents updates on the prices of chemicals in the market. Contract olefins prices were confirmed to be lower as a result of lower ethane prices and weakening demand. Spot naphtha in Europe lost $30 per metric ton, along with oil. The pattern was the same in Europe, where aromatics...
- Benzene takes a dive. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p25
Presents trends in the aromatic compounds market in Asia as of November 28, 2004. Decrease in benzene prices caused by excess supply in the region; Increase in contract nominations of paraxylene for December 2004; Tabular presentation of bulk chemical spot prices in U.S. dollars per ton.
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p78
Presents world news briefs on the chemical industry as of January 2001. Increase in the price of the naphtha in Tokyo, Japan; Decision of the Eastman Chemical Co. to increase the price of its solvent; Information on the prices of the spot aromatics in Asia.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;10/10/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 33, p39
The article presents updates on price changes in the chemical industry. Spot naphtha in Northwest Europe nudged higher by $10 per metric ton. Light feeds rose in the U.S. by about 2 to 3 cents per gallon. The U.S. Gulf Coast contract for benzene settled lower by 14 cents per gallon, a larger...
- Toluene prices track US down. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2119, p14
Provides information on the prices of several aromatic compounds in Europe as of October 11, 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Butadiene; Benzene.