Glacial acrylic acid
- Acrylic Acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p40
The article presents information on various developments related to acrylic acid. U.S. consumption of acrylic acid (AA) grew by 3.4%/year in the period 2002-2007, buoyed by peak growth years in 2002 and 2003, coming out of the 2001 recession. The market contributors to demand growth during this...
- Acrylic acid. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p43
The article provides information on acrylic acid. The primary derivative of acrylic acid is acrylic esters which account for more than half of the global demand. Crude acrylic acid is used captively and almost exclusively to make acrylates and other derivatives used in the paint, paper,...
- MOST-READ. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p7
The article presents a list of the top chemical industry news stories on the periodical web site located at icis.com/about/news, including a petrochemical plant closure by INEOS, construction of a vinyl chloride monomer plant in Colombia, and an acrylic acid production process by US Novomer.
- product focus. // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p25
The article provides updates on the production of acrylic acid. According to SRI Consulting, the global demand for crude acrylic acid is expected to grow at 3.7 percent/year. Producers claim that the downturn in the construction industry has affected demand in 2009 for acrylic acid derivatives...
- Rohm and Haas to increase prices for Polyacrylic Acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific Region. // Chemical Business;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p79
The article announces the plan of Rohm and Haas' Primary Materials business to increase the price of its polyacrylic acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific region. The company claimed that the price increases are attributed to the higher costs of the raw material glacial acrylic acid. It also...
- Acrylic acid demand dulls. Gibson, Jane // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p11
Reports that European producers have warned that a lackluster acrylic acid market is unlikely to change significantly over the next few months. Demand slack after a weaker-than-expected second quarter; Previous supply problem apparently over; Decline in third-quarter propylene costs. INSET: SAP.
- Rapid Capacity Expansion of Acrylic Acid. Zheng Chengwang // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the increase in output of acrylic acid in China. Impact of the completion of acrylic acid units on capacity expansion of the product; Production scale of acrylic acid; List of major producers of acrylic acid in 2005.
- Acrylic acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 21, p36
The article discusses the uses of acrylic acid, its European demand, and the global market outlook for such chemical. Crude acrylic acid is used to make acrylates while glacial acrylic acid is used in superabsorbent polymers. Demand of the chemical in Europe is recovering due to seasonal...
- US acrylates contract values broadly flat. Terry, Larry // ICIS Chemical Business;12/9/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 19, p19
The article reports on the flat values of U.S. November 2013 acrylic acid and acrylate esters freely negotiated contract. The decline in weaker October 2013 feedstock chemical-grade propylene (CGP) pushed down acrylates formula pricing and pressured negotiated contracts. Buyers agree that...