Green drive part of World Cup team
- Nairobi becomes 'Environmental Capital of the World'. KABUKURU, WANJOHI // Diplomat East Africa;Jul2014, Vol. 48, p45
The article discusses the inaugural United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) held in Nairobi, Kenya in 2014 regarding the update of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Executive director Achim Steiner of UNEP comments on the convention of the first UNEA session in the city and the...
- Conservation atlas reveals 'most valuable' forest. // New Scientist;12/13/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 2686, p7
The article reports on forest maps released by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) in Poznan, Poland. It is reported that the maps show which forests store large amounts of carbon, which has greater biodiversity and which do both jobs. UNEP's executive director, Achim Steiner says that, by...
- UN Secretary-General reappoints Achim Steiner as Executive Director of UN Environment Programme. // African Business News;3/14/2014, p8
The article announces the reappointment to another four-year term beginning June 15, 2014 of Achim Steiner as Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- UNEP HEAD LAUNCHES NEW RESOURCE CENTER FOR UNEP LIVE DATA PLATFORM. // Air Quality & Climate Change;Aug2015, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on a new resource center launched by the head of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Achim Steiner which intends at training staff, Member States and interested parties on the UNEP Live data platform.
- Wrapped Up. Jacobs, Karrie // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p32
The article presents the author's insights on the environmental impact of plastic bags. United Nations Environment Programme executive director Achim Steiner states that plastic bags should be phased-out rapidly while National Resources Defense Council cites statistics about the use of plastic...
- More green, less poverty. // CCPA Monitor;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that the United Nation's Environment Program (UNEP) in June 2011 called for support for sustainable agriculture, which is considered the center of transition for low carbon green economy, according to UNEP executive director Achim Steiner.
- COMMENTARY ON ACHIM STEINER'S 2009 GROTIUS LECTURE. SHELTON, DINAH // American University International Law Review;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p877
In this article the author offers her views on the lecture of Achim Steiner, executive director of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), related to environmental law. The author reciprocates on the reflection of Steiner on the need of the economists for law. She is also critical on the...
- FIRST MEETING OF THE OPENENDED COMMITTEE OF PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVES (OECPR) TO UNEP HIGHLIGHTS: MONDAY, 24 MARCH 2014. // Earth Negotiations Bulletin;3/25/2014, Vol. 16 Issue 112, p1
The article offers information on the first meeting of the Openended Committee of Permanent Representatives (OECPR) to United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) that was held March 24, 2014. The meeting was opened by a report by UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner. Steiner called the event a...
- HALF-YEARLY REVIEW OF THE PROGRESS OF IMPLEMENTATION OF THE POW, INCLUDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVERNING BODY. // Earth Negotiations Bulletin;3/25/2014, Vol. 16 Issue 112, p2
The article offers information on the first meeting of the Openended Committee of Permanent Representatives (OECPR) to United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) that was held March 24, 2014. The meeting was opened by a report by UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner. J. Christophe Bouvier,...