Freight five form alliance
- Delivering a Competitive Advantage. // SupplyChainBrain;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p45
The article focuses on the challenge of supply chain companies in keeping themselves competitive in various situations by providing superior logistics services. Topics discussed include the importance of innovating logistics services as referred to the case of a homebuilder supplying products...
- Agents of Alliances. Hastings, P.J. // Air Cargo World;Oct2004, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p46
The article presents information on various alliances of freight forwarders. The recent big logistics acquisitions, such as TNT's purchase of Sweden's Wilson Group and the Exel buy of British logistics specialist Tibbett & Britten, reawakened the conventional wisdom about the future of...
- No Flying Solo. Wiebner, Mike // Air Cargo World;Jan2003, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p38
Airline alliances are circling the world in fierce competition with integrators to win over forwarders. Rather than take on the world by themselves, most major carriers have joined international networks to ensure global reach and achieve economies of scale to better compete with the lame...
- New E-Shipping Software. // World Trade: WT100;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the expanded alliance of INTTRA, the multi-carrier electronic commerce (e-commerce) network for ocean shipping, with Worldwide Information Network (WIN), a loud-based connectivity platform, to develop new e-shipping solutions for the growing freight forwarders of WIN.
- A GUIDE TO FORWARDED NETWORKS. // JoC Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p36
Lists the U.S. forwarder networks offering independent forwarding services worldwide. Annual sales of Associated World Logistics Network; Screening for customer service by the Certified Transportation Network; Member locations of Global Freight Group.
- Freight Claims and 3PLs, Part 3. Spira, Robert // Traffic World;11/15/99, Vol. 260 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the approaches adopted by third-party logistics service providers in the United States. Responsibility of carrier for loss, damage or delay claim; Creation of contract term following the general legal rule; Provision of professional integrated transportation service.
- International freight forwarding: an important part of the logistics puzzle. Ogden, Scott // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/23/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p20
The article discusses the significance of international freight forwarding to business logistics.
- Logistics: Briefs. // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p47
Reports on developments related to business logistics and freight forwarding. Includes Air New Zealand's retaining of Burlington Air Express to handle logistics for repair and return parts; Gateway 2000's selection of GATX Logistics to run three support centers for its manufacturing plants in...
- Logistics' role is increasing. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2145, p16
Reports on the role of logistics in improving competitivity according to TDG CEO David Garman. Disadvantages of outsourcing; Treatment of the chemical industry on outsourcing; Importance of selecting a strategic partner to companies.